NCVPS French 3
Mme Barraza's sections 2 & 4; Edition 5
Mme Barraza News (For parents and ELAs) - le 9 mars
RLC this week - there are two sessions offered this week. Check out Monday's announcement and the Live class button for dates and times.
Are you checking grade feedback? I found out last week that a student did not know how. Please ask questions. Your grades are not supposed to be a mystery....Let me know if you or your parents do not know how to see grade comments & feedback.
I welcome parents to call or e-mail or text. My contact information is at the bottom of this message.
Required Bi-Weekly LIVE Meetings
These are the meetings for this week:
Week 8- Mar. 9 - Mar. 15
Jenica HardyUnit 503.11.15 8pm
Carie ZimmermanUnit 503.10.15 7pm
Week 9 - Mar. 16 - Mar. 22
Carie ZimmermanMidterm Review03.17.15 7pm
The RLC meetings this week are in Monday's announcement and in the Live Class button. Please check that out to be able to see when these will be to attend.
I have parent teacher conferences this week face to face so it does not work out for me to have one this week.
Progress reports go out THIS week again! Check your grades for work not done!!
Street Scenes à Paris
We are learning about le Transport in Unit 2- so I thought some authentic Street Scenes in Paris would be nice!
L'Arc de Triomphe à Paris
Right on the Champs-Elysées....
My daughter - Le Métro
This is my daughter Micaela in 2006 right near the Metropolitain metro!
Share this newsletter with your parents! We like to keep them informed! Invite them to text or e/mail me!
Frequently Asked Questions - Normal to ask!
- I'm new to online learning. What if I don't know how to navigate the website? Your school's NCVPS lab coordinator is usually your first resource. He/she is typically versed in using Blackboard and can answer most "how to" questions. If they don't know, you can always call me after 4:00 pm for assistance. Be sure to complete the Blackboard Orientation before beginning the course. Most questions will be addressed there.
- Is it OK to call you? Of course! That's what I'm here for! Don't forget that I do teach in a traditional school during the day, so if you call, please leave a message so I can return your call as soon as possible after school (same for a text).
- What if I'm having problems understanding concepts? Help is just a phone call away. You can contact me during regular office hours by phone, text, or Blackboard Instant Messenger. I am also available by request. Just ask!
- How late is too late to call? Please do not call after 9:00 pm You may email or text at anytime, but see question #2.
- Can we use online translators? Absolutely not! The use of online translators is a form of plagiarism and students who use them will receive a grade of 0 for that assignment. Trust me, I will know.
- How can I be successful in this course? The most important thing you can do is ask questions early and often. If you don't understand something, you must ask me (or another student) for help. Another key to success is keeping pace. It is important that you work daily. It is the expectations that all students are submitting work daily. I will close the units as we complete them.
- How do I know what is in my grade? Go to the Calendrier button in your course. The items highlighted in GREEN are currently averaging your grade. The other work has been assigned (if the date is past) but only the items in green are averaging in your grade right now.
Text me at 620.583.4372 . I know it sounds bizarre, but I get terrible cell phone reception in my home and for calls in general but I do text so please text me there.
I am pretty available to students all day long but you may have a wait if you try to contact me when I am in class.