October 17 Newsletter
EASTON AREA HS INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC
- Weekly Schedule
- UPDATED - MB Uniform Care Reminders
- NEW - October Snacks Signup
- THIS WEEK - McDonald's Night! This Monday!
- Rutgers vs. Michigan Game Ticket Information
- Band Picture Day Ordering Link
- THIS WEEK- Neshaminy Band Festival Times Updated
- Instrumental Music Department Concert/ Event Dates
- IMA Citrus Sale is underway!
- IMA Craft Show - November 12
Monday, October 17
- German students depart!
- Guard Rehearsal, 3:00 - 5:00pm
- McDonald's Night Pep Band, 6:00 - 7:00pm
Tuesday, October 18
- Marching Band Rehearsal, 2:45 - 5:00pm (senior meeting 5 - 5:20pm)
- IMA Meeting, 7:00 - 8:00pm
Wednesday, October 19
- Band Council, 6:30am
Thursday, October 20
- Marching Band Rehearsal, 6:00 - 8:00pm
Friday, October 21
- Home vs. Emmaus (Band Senior Night) - report to Cottingham @ 5:30pm
Saturday, October 22
- Neshaminy Band Festival, report to EAHS @ 3:00pm
Monday, October 24
- Flag Sectional, 3:00 - 6:00pm
- Majorette Sectional, 5:30 - 7:30pm
Tuesday, October 25
- Orchestra Council, 6:40am
- MB Rehearsal, 3:00 - 5:00pm
Wednesday, October 26
- Band Council, 6:30am
- Chamber Strings, 2:45 - 4:00pm
Thursday, October 27
- MB Rehearsal, 3:00 - 5:00pm
Friday, October 28
- Home vs. Nazareth, report @ Cottingham - 5:30pm
- MB UNIFORM DRY CLEANING RECEIPTS DUE
Saturday, October 29
- Whitehall Band Festival, report @ 3:30pm
Sunday, October 30
- Easton/ P'Burg Halloween Parade, report @ 12:45pm
Stay up to date by viewing our online calendar on our website!
Event/ General Information
MB Uniform Care Reminders
- Sweat collars should be removed from the jacket and washed with mild detergent on gentle cycle (or hand washed). Hang to dry.
- Dry cleaning receipts for instrumental uniforms should be submitted in an envelope with student name - dry cleaning to Mrs. Niosi by October 30. This is to ensure all jackets are cared for properly.
- When the jacket is hanging at home, remove it from the garment bag. Keep the jacket on the hanger it was distributed on and let hang outside of garment bag.
WHITE PANT RETURN:
- Any white pants still in student possession MUST be returned prior to the end of the school day on Monday, October 03.
Snacks Needed for October - please donate
Sign-up to donate snacks for the band. It's a busy month of band events - football games and competitions! Thanks in advance. You can follow this link to donate:
McDonald's Night this Monday!
Updated: Rutgers vs. Michigan Game - TICKET INFORMATION
The game time will not be announced until a few weeks prior to the game. This is determined by the Big Ten. Our band will be partaking in the following opportunities:
Rehearsal w/ Rutgers prior to kick off
Participate in pregame festivities w/ Rutgers
Play in the stands during the game
Perform @ halftime w/ Rutgers band
To purchase tickets as spectators, please click the link below. This is directly through Rutgers Athletics. This is NOT for members of the marching band, only for friends & family if you wish to attend. There are TWO options:
- End zone seats for $35/ each
- Home side seats for $60 - 65/ each
To view the seating chart for Rutgers, click here.
REMINDER BAND SENIOR NIGHT
All band seniors will be recognized at halftime on the 21st. The full band will perform our field show at pregame.
Please see the document sent home with students (attached below).
Neshaminy Band Festival Report Times
Students should pack a dinner to eat on the buses on the way to Neshaminy.
Our performance time is 8:20 PM.
The IMA annual citrus sale is officially underway!
This is one of the biggest fundraisers we do as an organization, so we need everyone to participate to make this a HUGE success! All of your favorites are back again, including two “samplers” of outstanding fruit- perfect to bring as a gift to holiday parties!
They are MULTIPLE ways to drive sales. As always, students can sell directly to friends and family in-person, or customers can place their orders online through our dedicated website. Additionally, customers can opt for direct ship.
1. WEBSITE - will be live on October 10th and will accept orders until Sunday, November 13th. https://freshfruitorder.org/EAHSmusic/
2. PDF PACKET - students will receive packets this week with instructions for the sale. In Person orders are due Friday, November 11th.
3. DIRECT SHIP - For the third straight year, we are offering Direct Ship items on the website which will enable customers to have items sent directly to their door - perfect for out-of-town customers and gift giving! There are a few items that are only available for direct ship and some that are the same as our regular offerings. Direct ship items cost more than regular items b/c the UPS fee is included.
4. DELIVERY - Fruit is scheduled to come in on Friday, December 9th with pick up on Saturday, December 10th at Raub’s Farm.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Lynn Franklin at (610) 207-4239 or at IMAfruitsale@gmail.com.
IMA Craft Show - coming November 12!
The EAHS Instrumental Music Association will be holding its biannual craft show on Saturday, November 12, 2022 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Easton Area High School cafeteria.
This event is an important fundraiser for the IMA and provides invaluable support for the instrumental students at the high school.
As we have done in the past, our show is open to both crafters and vendors.
Please indicate on the application if you are a crafter or a vendor. Applications
are available on our website eahsmusic.org and can be downloaded below.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Gretchen Burwell at
email@example.com or text/call (484) 903-2350.