This Week at CCES
February 10 - 14
Our campus attendance goal is 98%. This week we are at 90.86%
What Are Your True Priorities?
In the book, Primary Greatness, Steven Covey writes, “The key is not to prioritize what is on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.”
As a parent, you probably have a schedule that helps keep your days organized. Between work commitments, your child’s school events, extracurricular activities, appointments, church, etc. it seems virtually impossible to not have a calendar that is booked sunrise to sunset, seven days a week. The question becomes, are all these items on the calendar important? Are they priorities? Do they align with my values? And if they are, am I sacrificing important parts of my life that would nourish my physical, mental, social, or spiritual well-being because of my schedule?
I will give you an example. I love listening to audiobooks. I commute about 45 minutes and initially was determined to listen to stories as I drove home. For the past several months though, I have been using the commute to make phone calls and wrap up loose ends from the day. My audiobooks have not been a priority. As a result, I am not decompressing from the day at work, I’m not learning, and I am missing out on something that I truly enjoy. I have prioritized my schedule, but I have not scheduled my priorities.
Make it a point to rest, reflect, and revitalize around your true priorities in life. If you find it difficult, make small changes at first and write down your efforts in a journal. If you are fully committed to your calendar, schedule time for your priorities and place them on your weekly plan. Finally, give yourself permission to say “no.” Sometimes saying “no” to one thing allows you to say “yes” to another and this allows you to re-energize your soul.
What's New On Campus?
Follow us on Twitter @CiboloCreekES and
on Facebook at Cibolo Creek Elementary School
- Happy Monday!
- Art Club 3:00 - 3:45 p.m.
- Science Fair 6:30 p.m. in the cafeteria
- 5th Grade Instrument Petting Zoo 7:00 - 7:30 a.m. in the music room
- For the Love of Reading Readers' Club 3:00 - 3:30 p.m.
- BOA Parent/Student Meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the cafeteria
- Chess Club 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- NO SCHOOL - Teacher Workday
February 17: Teacher Workday - NO SCHOOL
February 19-21: BOA (Boerne Outdoor Academy, 5th Grade classes)
March 9-13: Spring Break
April 10: Good Friday - NO SCHOOL
Valentine's Day Collection
Box Tops Challenge!
Kids Heart Challenge
Kids Heart Challenge is going great! As of today, we’ve raised $10,711. Last year we raised $24,621! We have some fun celebrations planned. Any student who raises $100 will get to SLIME Coach Houck! Any grade level that raises $2,000 will get a water balloon war! Want to be a SUPER Heart Hero? Earn the exclusive Finn’s Challenge Badge! Take all 10 Missions on your website’s headquarters or from your app and get a BONUS badge for your powerband!
Student Health Challenges taken:
- 18 students pledged to be prepared
- 47 took the challenge to be active and move more
- 58 pledged to help others and be kind
Pro Tip: Social Sharing is the easiest way to reach a lot of people! Have your student make a quick video telling friends and family that someone in America has a heart attack every 40 seconds. Then, set a goal of getting 40 donations on their page to make a huge impact! Visit www.heart.org/KHC to get started or download the FREE app!
Conversation Prompt: This week’s featured challenge is Be Kind. How are they being kind when they share their page and raise funds for the American Heart Association? (every time the link is clicked, someone has an opportunity to access resources to help them get healthier – and to make a donation and save a life.) Who doesn’t feel good about that?!
Great News: Did you know that 1 in 110 babies are born with a congenital heart defect? Meet Laney – a super cute baby who is thriving now because of research funded by the Kids Heart Challenge program!
Doodle for Google
In the Art room we are doing Doodle for Google! We have submission forms for anyone interested. The topic is "I show kindness by....."
Fifty four students will be named winners from Texas. Out of that, four finalists will receive a $5,000 scholarship and one student will receive a $30,000 scholarship and $50,000 Google technology package for their school, as well as having their art on the google page!
Let's GO FOR it! And get doodling.
Let's make kindness the norm. Making CCES the kindest school has been my mission (or goal) since arriving at Cibolo Creek. Let's start by encouraging our kids to show kindness and making it a part of our daily routine-like brushing our teeth. Remember kindness starts with one....one hug, picking up one piece of trash, one smile. Join me in making kindness the norm at CCES.
Important School Reminders
CCES Cub Closet
- pants, shirts, dresses, skirts
- winter coats and jackets
- CCES spirit wear
- Sports teams/collegiate wear
- clothes hangers and clothing racks
We kindly ask that all donations be free of stains, tears or holes, that they are clean and comply with the BISD dress code. For sanitary purposes, please only donate undergarments, socks and hats that are new with tags or in store packaging. Thank you!
Be sure to visit their website (http://www.cibolocreekpto.com/) to join this amazing organization and learn how you can become involved. You can also purchase spirit wear and yearbooks through the PTO online store.
And, be sure to follow them on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/cibolocreekpto
Welcome to Remind!
The Cibolo Creek PTO is using Remind to help keep you informed about important news and updates.
Remind is a free service that allows you to get messages directly on your phone. Joining a class on Remind is easy.
You can choose whether you prefer text messages or smartphone notifications.
If your last name starts with the letter A-I, please join Cibolo Creek PTO #1.
The class code is @CCESPTO1.
If your last name starts with the letter J-R, please join Cibolo Creek PTO #2.
The class code is @CCESPTO2.
If your last name starts with the letter S-Z, please join Cibolo Creek PTO #3.
The class code is @CCESPTO3.
If you are a CCES staff member, please join Cibolo Creek ES Staff. The class code is @CCES-STAFF.
Signing up for text messages
1. Text the class code @[CLASS CODE—see above] to the phone number 81010.
2. Reply to the text messages from the Remind team.
Signing up for smartphone notifications
Download the Remind app on your Android or iOS device.
1. Open the app and create an account (or log in if you already have one).
2. Tap the + by classes joined and enter the class code @[CLASS CODE—see above].
That's all you need to do to start receiving messages! This is an OPTIONAL service—you are not required to sign up.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to connecting with you!
2019-2020 CCES Board
Volunteers Around Campus:
KCUB Morning News
Subscribe here: https://www.youtube.com/c/BISDtvKCUB
- Talk to your children about using the cross walks when walking home from school. Crossing the street diagonally can be dangerous.
Drivers should leave plenty of space near cross walks when parking so there is plenty of room for adults and children to see oncoming traffic.
Drop students off in the front driveway only. Do not drop them off on Herff Ranch and have them cross the parking lot.
- All visitors to our campus must check in at the office with valid photo identification. Please be sure to have your ID with you anytime you visit our campus.
Special Occasion Food
- All foods brought to campus for special occasions such as birthday parties, holiday parties, any special occasion MUST have an FDA approved label with ingredients and allergens legibly listed.
- Our school day begins at 7:25 a.m. The tardy bell rings at 7:35 a.m. We look forward to seeing your student on time each day.
- Dismissal is at 3:00 p.m.
- Please have your child attend school all day, everyday, unless they are sick. Please schedule appointments for after school whenever possible! We appreciate your suppport making the full instruction day an important part of your family's schedule.
- If your student is absent, please provide a written note upon return.