Marketer Extraordinaire Wanted
Can you rock online customer acquisition?
At GODAY we’re smart, friendly and forward-thinking. Are you?
If so, you could be our perfect candidate. At GODAY, we give Canadians easy access to fast cash and an outstanding customer experience. How do we do it? We hire the right people.
GODAY employees are skilled and energetic. They enjoy a dynamic, fast-paced environment. They are compassionate, customer-centric individuals who think innovatively when it comes to helping Canadians overcome financial hurdles. Last but not least, they are team players.
GODAY is a new venture that will provide customers with short-term low value loans over the Internet or by telephone. Customers visit www.goday.ca to fill out an application or manage their profile online. Once the customer fills out an application requesting cash it is either directly deposited into their account or mailed to them on a prepaid Credit Card. GODAY is an innovative startup and was the winner of the 2012 Laurier Entrepreneurship Award and the KPMG Entrepreneurship Award.
Working directly with the CEO, GODAY is looking for an individual who is excited to join a rapid and dynamic startup environment where they will have the opportunity to design and execute their own marketing campaign.
The Role - Marketing Director
A web-head, brand builder, and hands-on leader with a track record of rocking online customer acquisition, viral marketing, and integrated marketing.
The ideal candidate is a digital storyteller producing quality content in written, videos, emails, landing pages and collateral. Experience in E-Commerce or SaaS is beneficial. The Director of Marketing will also be responsible for driving consumer and competitor research to help inform important strategic direction for the company.
The Director of Marketing will also participate in forming and driving brand strategy.
- Responsible for the creation, the implementation and the execution of all components of the marketing mix:
- Advertising: Media plan, from strategy to implementation including budget
- Promotions: Strategy, creation and execution
- Public Relations: Works with press to ensure product visibility in magazines, TV, industry leaders, special events, media requests etc. Responsible for all press and media initiatives.
- Internet & Social Media: Ensure that the interactive communication is maximized and reflects the brand message & promotions
- Help formulate and execute cohesive brand strategy
- Strong interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- A self-starter and entrepreneur who is motivated to inspire a team
- Results oriented
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Experience: 3+ years of experience in the online, consumer products or brand/consumer management
- Experience in driving social media campaigns
- Impatience is a virtue: you’re always saying, “Let’s get this done!”
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced startup environment
Extra points for:
- Foundational experience from a top brand management firm or ad agency
- Experience working in a start-up
- Previous work in either the payday loan or finance industry