all the going ons from the #1 class on the 2nd floor
Week of December 7th 2015
If you have not returned permission slips and money for the trip, please do so as soon as possible.
Also on Friday Dec. 11th we have our Winter Holiday Meal. Sign up sheets went home in Thursday Folder, so please send them back if you plan to attend.
Our Class will be performing at the Winter Concert Thursday Dec. 17th 6 P.M. Please let us know if you are going to be able to attend that too.
This Week In Learning!
- Reading- This week we will begin to look at how words and pictures helps us build and understanding of story structures like characters, setting, and plot
- Writing- This quarter we will begin to work on shared research projects to be able to produce all about books.
- Math- We continue to work on addition and subtraction strategies, as well as build upon our knowledge place value understanding.
- FUNdations- This week we begin our new unit studying open syllables. This is a three week unit and will take us right up to the holiday break. Open syllables are syllables where the vowel is not closed in by a consonant and makes the long sound. ex: me, hi, no, shy. We also learn the rules about Y acting as a vowel. New trick words eight, large, change, city, every, family, night, carry, something.
- Science- We our continuing our quarter long unit on Matter. We will experiment to gain an understanding of the properties of solids, liquids, and gases.
- Social Studies- This quarter we will be learning about the roles and responsibilities of Governments and Citizens.