SSS Weekly Update for May 4th-9th
Monday, May 4th
Grammy-Winning artist Haruna Walusimbi
to showcase Ugandan music at UWO
7:30-9pm in Music Hall in the Arts and Communication building
FREE for students with UWO ID
Tuesday, May 5th
Almost Alumni Career Stop & Shop
May 5 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm | Free
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! This spring you have the unique opportunity to participate in our first day dedicated to our graduating class! Career Services, Alumni Relations and the University Books & More have collaborated to bring a day full of fun and resources.
11:00am-1:00pm Stop and Celebrate - Alumni Welcome Center
Stop by the Alumni Welcome and Conference Center for the Almost Alumni Lunch (free food) and the Oh $%!t, I don't have a job! Career Fair (Open to ALL majors). Professional dress is NOT required. You can also take advantage of having a professional headshot taken at the photo booth, learn about our Grad Ready financial literacy tool, learn about Career GPS, take the First Destination Survey, get your Titan Alumni card, bookstore discounts and more!
- To register for the Almost Alumni Lunch visit: http://conta.cc/1u7eBVM The lunch will also feature Culver's Titan Crunch ice cream.
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Stop and Shop
Wednesday, May 6th
Career Closet Sidewalk Sale
9am-6pm in the Student Success Center
Need something to wear to an interview or a job fair? Come by the Student Success Center and browse our large collections of professional clothing in our Career Closet. Don’t forget that you allowed four items per semester, for free!
Walk a Mile in Her Shoes Oshkosh
4:30-7pm in the Reeve Union Ballroom
The International Men’s March to Stop Rape, Sexual Assault & Gender Violence
Participation is free, but we encourage donations to support Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services and Reach Counseling Services, Inc. Please visit http://www.uwosh.edu/womenscetner for more information and to see co-sponsors. Prizes will be awarded!
Thursday, May 7th
7-9pm in Sage 1216
This special ceremony serves to celebrate LGBTQ students and student allies of all races and ethnicities for their achievements and contributions to the university during their tenure. This is a cultural celebration that recognizes the difficulties of achieving in a climate that is often less than desirable for LGBTQ students and allies.
7th Annual Celebration of Cultures Picnic
1-5pm in front of the Multicultural Education Center
Food, live music, entertainment, and games. Featuring Grammy Award-winning Trinidad Steel Drums Band. Free to all students and everyone is welcome.
*Rain Site: Foundations Hall; Campus Center for Equity and Diversity
Friday, May 8th
Test Anxiety Workshop
2-3pm in the Counseling Center
This workshop is for students who prepare well for class exams but consistently receive low test scores. The workshops facilitates will help students define the problem and develop useful solutions. The workshop is 90 minutes and the content is the same for all sessions. Call the Reading & Study Center at 424-1031 if you need assistance in these areas. Call the Counseling Center at 424-2061 to reserve your place.
Textbook Buy Back begins in the Bookstore on Thursday, May 8th!
Jobs | Internships | Upcoming Events
Full-time Summer internship, Part-time in the Fall
Contact: Lisa Dahlke, Web Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Long term internship in usability, light front end coding, business analyst work, documenting user flow and assisting in writing business rules.
Summer Internship at Plexus in Supply Chain Management or Business
The Inventory Control intern would be directed on projects that can be completed within the internship time frame. Projects may include, but will not be limited to, any of the following:
- Layout improvements of the kitting and receipt areas. Within the assessment of these areas we would anticipate an intern to dedicate time to provide input which would be intended to increase our throughput by improving travel patterns and identifying process improvements
- Establish an Higher Level Assembly deployment and De-trash area at the north end of the warehouse (to include layout, process flow and involvement with affected sectors engineering teams)
- Other projects related to kitting On Time Delivery
- Additional duties as assigned
- Sophomore or Junior level college student majoring in Business, Supply Chain, or related field
- Overall Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher is strongly preferred
- Experience in customer service is highly desirable
- Strong communication skills
Alta Resources Intern in IT Operations and Support
Year Round IT Intern
The Year Round IT Intern position will be accountable for standard desktop support activity, including problem resolution, analysis, design, and implementation activity for desktop and/or infrastructure support activity. The IT Intern will continue to develop skills in these areas as well as project and task management skills.
Apply to job #828. The posting is open to internal applicants until 5/8/15.
- Click “Existing Employees”.
- If this is your first visit to the Career Center, click on “Click here to create a new profile”.
- Create your login.