Blair Oaks High School - August 29, 2019
No School, Monday, September 2nd
Early Release, Thursday, September 12th, 12:30 p.m.
Not My Child - Film helping families understand substance use and recovery
When: Thursday, August 29th, 6:30 p.m.
Where: Calvary Lutheran High School
What: Free Documentary Screening
Be Alert Presentation - Sept. 3rd
We know there is a growing need to educate parents and students on the potential dangers our students face when using social media. We recognize social media is continually changing and it is important for all of us to continue educating ourselves.
Russ Tuttle will offer a "caring adult" presentation to the entire community on Tuesday, September 3rd, in the Middle School Gym starting at 6:00 p.m. Mr. Tuttle is part of the Stop Trafficking Project. His presentations focus on the role social media plays in exploiting vulnerabilities.
Sophomore & Junior Parent Info Night
- When: Wednesday, September 4th
- Time: Juniors - 6:00 p.m.
- Time: Sophomores - 7:00 p.m.
- Where: High School Cafeteria
Meeting is for parents only. Students do not need to attend; the same information will be shared with students during school hours. At this meeting, parents will learn what to expect during their child's sophomore or junior years.
School Picture Day - Sept. 5th
Thursday, September 5th, is School Picture Day!
- Order forms were sent home with students; additional order forms are also available in the office.
- Students should bring their order form with payment on picture day and give it to the photographer at the time photo is taken.
- Parents may order pictures online at Wagner Portrait Group. If needed, the School Password "Falcons". Students should bring a copy of the online order receipt on picture day and present it to the photographer.
Booster Club - deadline is Sept. 10th
Supporting the Blair Oaks Booster Club and volunteering your time at school events are great ways to promote student-athletes and school spirit. Visit the links below to sign-up to be a Falcon Follower or Business Sponsor.
- Be a Falcon Follower!
Become a “Falcon Follower” for the cost of $25 - $100 per year. Falcon Followers are listed on the sport’s display at the complex and gym.
- Be a Booster Club Banner Advertiser!
Business sponsors pay $100 to have an advertisement with their logo on it displayed on a large banner at the complex and in the high school gym.
- Be a Concession Stand Volunteer!
Show your support for Blair Oaks athletes and our athletic community by volunteering. We welcome all help!
Blair Oaks Softball Reunion - Sept. 14th
Blair Oaks softball is having a reunion on Saturday, September 14th, celebrating 45 years of Blair Oaks Softball. There will be a Blair Oaks High School softball game against Troy at noon, followed by alumni introductions. If you are a softball alum, or know of any softball alumni, please spread the word. We would love to see you in the stands for the noon game and then be recognized after the game. There will also be an alumni slow-pitch softball game following the introductions. Free admission to the game as well as a meal will be provided!
Volleyball Autism Fundraiser - Sept. 19th
- Shirt Order Form
- Cost: $12.00 per shirt
- Order deadline is 9/10/2019.
Note New Dates
FLCN News Network
Blair Oaks uses School Messenger to send time sensitive group notifications of school cancellation and other relevant information. The phone number listed as the student's primary phone will automatically receive announcements. Parents/guardians may select to receive additional messages via phone, text, and e-mail.
Any parent who wishes to make an update to emergency contact information (i.e. cell phone, texting, e-mail address, etc.) will need to install the School Messenger App on their cell phone. The School Messenger Parent Guide provides step-by-step instructions for app installation and usage.
Mark your calendars!
- 2 - No School, Labor Day
- 3 - Russ Tuttle Social Media Presentation, 6:00 p.m., MS Gym
- 4 - Junior Parent Information Night, 6:00 p.m.
- 4 - Sophomore Parent Information Night, 7:00 p.m.
- 5 - School Picture Day
- 10 - Booster Club Falcon Follower Deadline
- 12 - Class Meetings
- 12 - Early Release, 12:30 p.m
- 14 - Blair Oaks Softball Reunion
- 19 - Volleyball Autism Fundraiser
- 27 - Central Bank Tailgate Night at the football game
- 2 - Financial Aid Night, 6:00 p.m.
- 3 - Early Release, 12:30 p.m.
- 9 - College Application Night, 6:00 p.m.
- 11 - End of 1st Quarter
- 11 - Homecoming parade and game
- 12 - Homecoming dance
Blair Oaks High School
Providing a quality education and empowering lifelong learners
We envision soaring to new heights through:
Leadership and Service