By: Tyler (Call) Verlanic
Helpful High School Courses
Pros: Get to be outdoors
Learn about the wildlife and it helps animals
Working with animals
Traveling a lot
Learn a lot about plants and animals
Researching for hours
Working in a lab a lot
Spend a lot of time out doors
Wildlife Biologist Facts
- Wildlife biologist study the populations, habitats, and conservation of wildlife and fish.
- Wildlife biologist usually specialize in subtopics within the field of wildlife biology.
- Wildlife biologist care and protect animals that are indangered or more.
- They track and save the animals progress through the traveling or food eaten or anything else that we woul want to know about the animal.
- They study and take lots of yours to watch and observe the animal.
- They study the physical characteristics of animals, animal behaviors, and the impacts humans have on wildlife and natural habitats
- The median annual wage for zoologists and wildlife biologists was $58,270 in May 2014.
- wildlife biologists need a bachelors degree
- Develop and conduct experimental studies with animals in controlled or natural surroundings
- Give presentations on research findings to academics and the general public
Location: Greenville, SC
Helpful High School Courses: These are some of the classes and degrees you can take or get at Clemson University. Such as Landscape Architecture Accreditation Board, National Architectural Accrediting Board, National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification, National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, National League for Nursing, Planning Accrediting Board and Society of American Foresters, and Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs. These are some of the few high school courses that need to be taken or you will choose to take in the future to get this job.
Pros: 1,400 acres
Each class has 15-30 students
Small town rural area
Cons: There is a fee for student parking
Its a public school
Distance from campus to city center 1 mile
Colorado State University
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Degrees offered: Bachelor's, Master's, First professional, Doctorate
Helpful High School Courses: These are some of the classes and degrees you can take or get at Colorado State University. Such as Marketing, Finance, Forestry, and Animal Science
Pros: 582 acres
Men's football Div 1
Men's Basketball Div 1
Cons: Urban (large city)
Kansas State University
Degrees offered: These are some of the classes and degrees you can take or get at Kansas State University. Such as Certificate or diploma, Associate, Bachelor's, Master's, First professional, Doctorate, Other advanced degreesL there are more degrees in this college but they aren't mentioned very much because these degrees are more important to get and earn this job
Helpful high School Courses: These are some of the classes and degrees you can take or get at Kanas State University. Such as Animal Science, Food Science, Marketing, and Finance
Pros: Baseball Div 1
Basketball Div 1
Football Div 1
Cons: Suburban (within commuting distance of a large city)
On campus room and board 8,060