Washington Elementary School
HOME OF THE HUSKIES
END OF YEAR REVERSE PARADE DETAILS!
Below is the link to the parade details!
The parade will be taking place on R street. We will stand behind the fence with signs and balloons, while the students walk or drive by toward the school. The 5th graders will receive a small promotion gift at a table at the end. We will be marking off social distance lines on 29th street which is where the families will stand as they line up in preparation for their parade walk.
I have teamed up with other P.E. teachers in the district to create a virtual field day!
Here's the link for Field Day!
I hope everyone is home and healthy!
Washington & Franklin
Vancouver School District
I hope this message finds you well. Thank you for your support as we work together to support your child’s learning. As a parent of a small child I know that this is not easy and finding balance between all the different things we are responsible is difficult if not impossible at times. I appreciate your effort in making sure that your child’s learning never stopped. As we enter into June there are several important dates I’d like to share with you and all are important.
Kindergarten Registration is open! https://vansd.org/registering-for-school/
June 5th – Virtual Kindergarten Visitation via Zoom at 1 pm. A flier with more information will be sent out via Peach Jar. If you are the parent of an incoming Washington student, please consider attending. The session will be recorded if you are unable to attend.
June 9 – 10 Student Material Pick up and drop off from 8am – 3pm. Student materials and school supplies that were left after March 13th will be available to be picked up from 8 -3 on June 9th & 10th. Any library books that students have or other school items can also be returned at this time.
iPads – All student iPads will remain with students over the summer. This is a change in what typically occurs. Students are not expected to use the devices over the summer, but will continue to have access to digital books and other school apps this summer. Fifth grade students will check their devices in at their middle school in the fall. If you are moving or do not want to keep the device, you may turn it in during lunch pick-up beginning June 15th.
Also, if you are the parent of a 1st or 2nd grade student who did not receive an iPad cover they are available to pick one up. Please come to the front of the building during lunch to pick one up.
Report Cards sent home by email June 18th. Report cards will be emailed to parents on June 18th. Please make sure your email address is updated in our system. You can email our attendance line at Washington.Attendance@vansd.org our enrollment clerk Tania.Thornton@vansd.org to update the system.
If you have any questions about any of the above information, feel free to reach out to me at Adley.Copeland@vansd.org
Washington Elementary's Virtual Kindergarten Tour (Roundup)
NEW ONLINE REGISTRATION
Register for School
Registration while schools are closed can be done here @ https://vansd.org/registering-for-school/
Information to gather beforehand:
1. Immunization information: Find out what immunizations are required in Washington state for preschool and school-age children. Beginning in Aug. 1 2020, children must be in compliance with Washington state immunization requirements before they can start school. This includes Kindergarten Jump Start participation.
- If your child’s immunizations were completed in Washington state, register for or log into your MyIR account. You can download your child’s Certificate of Immunization Status (PDF) for school and child care entry. Alternately, a school staff member may be locate your child’s immunization details and have you confirm the information.
- If your child’s immunizations were completed outside of Washington state, please download the Certificate of Immunization Status (PDF).
- Certificate of Exemption (COE) form
2. Residency information: To establish a student’s residence, the parent of legal guardian must upload one of the documents listed below.
- Mortgage statement/current rental agreement
- Government-issued check or correspondence
- Public agency document (DSHS, courts)
- Current payroll check or stub with name and address
- Utility bill (water/sewer, electricity)
- Driver’s license or other official ID with current address
Note: If you cannot supply the documentation listed, you will be referred to Student Welfare and Attendance to determine an appropriate pathway for proof of residency that may include a home visit.
As part of the registration process, you will be required to read and sign the Residency Verification Affidavit form. Misrepresentation of residency information or failure to follow through with the statements in the affidavit will result in the student’s withdrawal from the school.
Breakfast and lunch are provided in one stop to children aged 0-18, or currently enrolled in high school. The free breakfast and lunches are available Monday through Friday between 10 a.m. and noon in front of the following schools. Please remember to observe social distancing when picking up meals.
- Anderson Elementary, 2215 NE 104th St.
- Fruit Valley Elementary, 3410 NW Fruit Valley Rd.
- Ogden Elementary School, 3200 NE 86th Ave.
- Roosevelt Elementary, 2921 Falk Rd.
- Washington Elementary School, 2908 S St.
- Discovery Middle School, 800 E. 40th St.
- Jason Lee Middle School, 8500 NW 9th Ave.
- Former Marshall Elementary, 6400 MacArthur Blvd.
Free meals will continue Monday through Friday throughout the school closure. No paperwork or identification is required. Food pantries also are operating around Vancouver.