The Weekly Roar
September 25, 2023 - September 29, 2023
We are looking for parent-coach volunteers for Girls Basketball (5th, 6th, 7th, 8th grade teams) which will start mid-October. If you are interested, please reach out to our Athletic Director at email@example.com
Our Book Fair is next week. Please see the information below for more details regarding Book Fair!
Our PTA Pie the Principals event was a blast and our students loved seeing the principals get pied in the face! Scroll down to see some photos from today's event!
- Tuesday 9/26 --> Traina 5 vs. Hawkins 5 (4:30pm)
- Tuesday 9/26 --> Traina 6 vs. Jefferson 6 (5:30pm)
- Tuesday 9/26 --> Traina 7 @ Hawkins 7 (4:30pm)
- Tuesday 9/26 --> Traina 8 @ Jefferson 8 (5:30pm)
- Thursday 9/28 --> Traina 5 @ Jefferson 5 (4:30pm)
- Thursday 9/28 --> Traina 7 @ Hawkins 7 (5:30pm)
Cross country has practices Tuesday/Thursday after school at 3:30 at the field.
- Wednesday 9/27 --> 4th/5th grade @ Traina 3:35pm
- Wednesday 9/27 --> 6th - 8th grade @ Traina 3:50pm
- Mr. Sandoval
T- Trustworthy I- Inclusive G- Grateful E- Empathetic R- Respectful S- Self-Control
Parent Teacher Conferences
Monday (9/25): No School for Students, Conferences held by appointment during the day
Tuesday (9/26) - Friday (9/29):
ALL STUDENTS RELEASED AT 2:00pm
5th - 8th: Please review the schedule below. 7th period will release at 2:00pm for the end of the school day.
Pie the Principals!!!
Mr. Sandoval and Mr. Delong were pied in the face as part of a PTA fundraiser! The students (and staff) had a good time and some great laughs watching the principals get pied!
Important Dates / Upcoming Events
- 10/9 - 10/13: Fall Break (No School)
Drop Off / Pick Up Procedures
Please do not "double up" on Windsong Drive. There should be one line of cars on the street, that divides into two lines once you reach the parking lot.
Please make sure that you pull all the way forward in the car line. If there is space in front of you, or a car ahead moves, please move forward as well. This helps the car line flow more efficiently.
- report to the cafeteria between 7:30 and 8:00
- will report to the playground between 8:00 and 8:10
Class begins promptly at 8:15
- Please make sure that you pull all the way forward when in the right-hand pick-up line. If a car in front of you moves, please move forward. This helps make the car line run much smoother and efficiently. Thank you for understanding.
Attendance is Important!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if your student will be absent.
We recognize that some students may have some challenges with attendance or being on time to class. Attendance and being on time are key factors to success, both at school and in life. Let's work together to teach our students the importance of showing up and being on time to support their success!
Per the Student Handbook, the following are considered excused absences:
- Medical Appointment
- Funeral of Family Member
- To spend time with student's immediate family member who is an active duty member of the uniformed services
- Participation in religious exercise or to receive moral and religious instruction in accordance with district policy