Benefits of Abstinence
- You won't become a parent.
- You won't get an STI.
- You will know that the person with you is really with you for YOU.
- You are likely to do better in school if you don't have sex.
- Abstinence is a great way to know your boundaries and develop a stronger relationship emotionally and spiritually with the person you are dating.
5 Situations/Scenarios That Should Be Avoided
- Parties are possible situations where you might be pressured into having sex/one-night stands.
- Being alone with your boyfriend/girlfriend when no one is home, you might be pressured into having sex, so make sure you say no.
- Avoid taking your clothes off.
- Avoid wearing revealing clothes.
- Don't flirt or lead a guy/girl on.
- "I don't feel comfortable doing this."
- "This is against my religion and values."
- "I don't want to ruin our relationship."
- "I don't want to get pregnant."
- "I don't want an STI."
- "I don't want to have to hide this from my friends and family."