CLX Buzz 11/21/19
The Claxton Elementary Family Newsletter
What's the Buzz?
- Coming Soon at Claxton...
- Traducción de boletines al español y otros idiomas (Newsletter Translation Now Available)
Call for Proposals for Spring 2020 After School Arts (ASA)
- Updated Final Class Dates for Fall After School Arts
- ACS Magnet School Enrollment for 2020-2021
- Volunteering at Claxton
- CLX on Social Media
- Quick Links
Coming Soon at Claxton...
Thursday Flyers (Check your Claxton folders!)
NO SCHOOL - Wed, Nov 27 - Fri, Nov 29
PTO Meeting - Tues, Dec 3 from 6-7pm in Media Center
Dance for 3rd-5th Grades - RESCHEDULED/TBD
Claxton Storytelling Festival - Fri, Dec 6 (during school day)
Holiday Meal Day - Wed, Dec 18
Winter Break (NO SCHOOL) - Mon, Dec 23 - Fri, Jan 3
First School Day of 2020 - Mon, Jan 6
NO SCHOOL - Mon, Jan 20
Early Release Day and Staff Appreciation Lunch - Fri, Jan 24
Registration Open for Spring After School Arts (ASA) - Sun, 1/26 @ 8pm - Sun 2/2 @ 8pm
Spring ASA Begins - Week of Feb 10-13
Traducción de boletines al español y otros idiomas
Claxton's weekly Buzz newsletter for families is now available in many languages. To access newsletter translation, scroll down to the bottom of this page and you will find "Translate" in a black bar. Click on "Translate" and choose your preferred language. The newsletter will be automatically translated into your selected language. For help, call Kimberly Eggett at 350-6561.
Call for Proposals for Spring 2020 After School Arts (ASA) Program
The Call for Proposals for our Spring 2020 After School Arts (ASA) Program is now open! Please share this invitation for new class ideas with friends, family, and community!
[For Spring 2020 ASA, class catalogs will be available in mid-January. Registration will open on Sun, 1/26 at 8:00pm and close on Sun, 2/2 at 8:00pm. Classes will begin the week of Feb 10-13.]
Please contact Miriam Scott at email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to discuss any ideas about the program.
Updated Final Class Dates for Fall ASA Classes
LEGO Explorations ends on 12/2.
Poetry ends on 12/9.
FEAST and Board Games ended on 11/19.
Yoga Games (no class on 11/26) ends 12/17.
Math Attack ended on 11/15.
Prop & Set Design ended on 11/20.
Prop & Set Design and Birds ended on 11/21.
Mindstorm Robotics ends on 12/5.
Spanish ends on 12/12.
ACS Magnet School Enrollment for 2020-2021
Chaperoning and Other Volunteering at Claxton
1) Whether you're a new or returning Claxton volunteer, an online background check is needed each year to volunteer in any capacity with students at school or as a supervising chaperone on field trips. It takes about 5 minutes to start your background check but can sometimes take 2-3 weeks for checks to be approved. You cannot volunteer until your background check has been approved, so jump over to this link to get yours started. https://bib.com/SecureVolunteer/Asheville-City-Schools/
2) Also, all volunteers need to attend a brief (~30min) Level II volunteer training with Asheville City Schools before you can volunteer at Claxton. The training is a one-time requirement (not needed each year) and this year's schedule is set so you can go ahead and check the calendar. Please see below for the next training sessions or check this year's full calendar HERE. Trainings take place in the Boardroom at Asheville City Schools' Central Office at 85 Mountain Street unless otherwise noted. No registration is required to attend the training.
Wednesday, December 11, 2019, at 12:00 PM
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or are interested in exploring volunteer opportunities at Claxton!