ST. CROIX CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
February 18, 2019
STUDENTS FIRST - PROFESSIONALISM - FAMILY
Top 10 by 2020
- Academic Achievement
- Student Climate
- Adult Culture
Together we can achieve anything.
This document is a summary of our 2018-19 building goals. These goals represent the work of HSLT, BLT, and PBIS aligned to district priorities. If you'd like to see the detailed version please contact Kurt.
Shoutouts & Celebrations
thank you for your outstanding effort, kindness, excellence, and selflessness.
- Pat Basche: Her support and encouragement in letting me know there is a CHANCE that I can get a fountain soda machine in my room!
- Jerry Wold: This is from last week. Thank you, Jerry, for taking the extra time and effort to make sure the walkways were clear from permit parking for one of our parents who has a disability. Very much appreciated!
- Martha, Nathan, and Teresa: Thank you all so much for your help on Monday with concessions when you saw I was shorthanded. Not only did you go above and beyond with helping set up and take down, but you guys always make my concession evenings great!
- Jerry Wold: Walked through the snowdrifts to get into the building before I got to school and left footprints for me to step in and avoid wet dress shoes. :)
- Tera Hinzman: Brushed off cars in the parking lot when we got a boatload of snow! It was nice to get to my car and not have to do as much work!
- Logan Kimberly, John Tackmann, and Cami Stansbury: Allowed me to use their classroom during their prep on short notice.
- Math and Science Departments: Reorganizing all the prep fun this week given our snow day.
- Carolyn Lent: All her prep work for the Math ACT practice exam. You rock!
- John Tackmann: Shared his explosive demonstrations with my physical science students.
- Carolyn Lent, Sandy Weitgenant, Kamen Flanders, and Adam Sheldon: Covering my kids when I have had to be gone lately! Thank you!
- All those staff members that are dealing with health issues or personal stuff: Thank you for still working hard and doing what is best for students!!!
- Jerry Wold: Cleaned up the Sh__ __ Show in the mid-south wing!
- Wendy Hoverson: Slick and assertive detective work.
- Dani Wollberg: For helping me get organized and being an awesome human being, overall!
- All Teachers and Paras: Everyone has been very flexible with ACT testing and Winter Fun Day responsibilities - a great sense of humor about it all!
- Jordee Reimer: Jordee is the keystone in our PLC arch - He is the glue on our PLC macaroni art - He is the tape that keeps our PLC poster hanging on Senorita Wollberg's wall - He is the clip that keeps our PLC tie neatly on Mr. Fern's chest. Needless to say, without him, we would fall apart.
- Dani Wollberg: Helped me recognize a budget tracking error - improved my process.
- Jerry Wold: Spent several hours fixing the awful smell in my classroom, I think the whole school appreciated his effort!
- Tovah Carson: Thank you for helping with paperwork and rating scales!
- Carolyn Lent, Brianna McGee, Logan Kimberly, Hali Tasler, and Jenna Scheithauer: Thanks for coming out and supporting the German Club at Chipotle!
- Jason Koele: Thank you for starting a leadership program for our students. Much needed and very appreciated.
You all ROCK!
Something to Consider
5 Ways to be More Positive1. Count your blessings. You can’t be stressed and thankful at the same time.
2. See your challenges as opportunities for growth.
3. Don’t listen to your negative thoughts.
4. Feed yourself with positive encouragement.
5. Choose faith instead of fear.
Schedule for the Week
Morning Greeters This Week: Science
National FFA Week
Monday, February 18
A great day to be a Panther!
7:00 pm - School Board Meeting
Tuesday, February 19
7:30 am - 8:00 am - BLT Meeting
Wednesday, February 20 - ACT TEST & Winter Fun Day
Good luck to all and have fun.
Thursday, February 21
8:15 am - 10:45 am - HSLT Meeting
Friday, February 22
Professional Development Day