Northwest R-I Library Connections
Connecting - Creating - Collaborating
Great Resources for NWR-I Teachers & Students @ Jefferson County Public Library
Thank you to the Jefferson County Library Foundation for providing access to AudioBook Cloud, Tumble Book Cloud, and Tumble Book Cloud Junior.
- Tumble Books have expanded to include chapter books from kindergarten through middle high levels.
- Also, check out the Nonfiction titles which may include a video that supports the book title.
- To connect with Common Core, check out the Playlist feature. The database provides a selection of Playlists. As a teacher, you can build your own playlists pairing a fiction title with a nonfiction title.
- High School and Middle High Teachers can use TumbleBooks to make a connection to history and science with the included National Geographic videos paired with nonfiction titles.
- Note to world language teachers: TumbleBooks can be read in French and Spanish.
- Spanish Audio Books
- Mystery and Suspense
- Science Fiction
- Historical Fiction
Tumble Book Cloud
Grades 6 - 12
Tumble Book Cloud Junior
Grades 3 - 6
Tumble Cloud Junior
Common Core Alignments are available for both Cloud platforms.
Tumble Book Cloud & Tumble Book Cloud Junior
- Both Clouds provide ebooks, read-along chapter books, nonfiction, and graphic novels
- National Geographic video collection
- FREE access to the Common Core Portal which provides lesson plans and online quizzes.
- Tumble Book Cloud covers grades 6th - 12.
- Tumble Book Cloud Junior covers grades 3 - 6.
Northwest R-I District Library Connections
Brennan Woods Elementary - Ms. Andrea Huisinga
Cedar Springs Elementary - Mrs. Marilyn Laird
High Ridge Elementary - Mrs. Kathleen Sharp
House Springs Elementary - Mrs. Michelle Perez
Maple Grove Elementary - Mrs. Jenny Gearhart
Murphy Elementary - Mrs. Stefanie Tisius
Valley Middle - Mr. Doug Noreen
Woodridge Middle - Mrs. Kim Hornkohl
Northwest High - Mrs. Linda Dougherty and Mrs. Rhonda Dobbs