Uthoff Valley Elementary
Week at a Glance
PLEDGE LEADERS FOR THE WEEK: students from Mrs. Gilbert and Miss Chamberlin's classes
VIKING VIRTUE FOCUS FOR THE MONTH OF JANUARY: COOPERATION – Working together to accomplish a task.
Next Week's Important Events
MONDAY – JANUARY 18
- NO SCHOOL TODAY
TUESDAY – JANUARY 19 (Out - Glory-AD)
- Staff Lounge Clean Up (1/18-1/29) – Office Staff (Sheila, Lori, Becky K., & Tina C.)
- NO Math & More or Reading & More this week
- Student Leadership Club, 8:00-8:40am, Library
- Weekly PLC Meetings (K & 1st)
WEDNESDAY – JANUARY 20 (Out - Kim & Glory-AD)
- Presidents' Forum Meeting - 9:30-11:30am Library
- SSOC Site Visit - 8:15 - 12:00pm (see schedule below)
- Weekly PLC Meetings (2-5)
- Please be sure to leave your computers on, but logged off this evening
E Hour classes after school - SESSION 3 Begins
- Engdangered Wolf Ctr., 4-5pm, Art Room
- Club Strong, 4-5pm, Room 115 (Araniecke)
- Cuddle Covers, 4-5pm, Room 17 (Woods)
- Math Equations, 4-5pm, Library
THURSDAY – JANUARY 21 (Out - Danna, Sherri O., Angela B., & Lisa S.-AM, Robin C.-PM)
- Special Chorus – 8:00-8:40am, Music Room (room 2)
DARE – 5th gd. - Officer Aaron during PE classes
FRIDAY – JANUARY 22 (Out - Monica-AD)
- SPIRIT Leaders - room 213 (Ziegler), 8:00-8:45am
- RSHS Show Choir - 12:40-1:10pm, gym (gd 3-5 only)
- DARE – 5th gd. - Officer Aaron during PE classes
- Adventure Club Family Night - 5-7:30pm
1/27 - Variety Show Rehearsal @ RSHS
1/28 - SAC Meeting – 7:45am, Office Conference Room
1/29 - Variety Show @ RSHS
2/2 - No CCL
2/4 - All Pro Dads Mtg
2/5 - Staff Meeting – 7:45am, Library
2/5 - STEM - Science Day
2/8 - Progress Reports Due to Admin.
2/8 - PTO Meeting – 6pm, Library (Tina K.)
2/9 - Progress Reports go home
2/12 - Classroom Parties
2/12 - Early Dismissal
2/15 - No School
January & 1/2 Staff Birthdays
JANUARY STAFF BIRTHDAYS
21 – Michaele Lampen
23 – Kelly Wiegand
STAFF ½ (HALF-IE) BIRTHDAYS
7/21 – Christina Layfield
7/26 – Jennifer Soetaert
7/28 – Shaina Martin
Odds and Ends
* It is time to submit your nominations for TOY. Please turn all nominations into Danna in the red folder outside her office or send it electronically , by Tuesday, January 26th.
* It is also the season to submit ROSE award nominations. Forms are on the counter near your mailboxes.
*MOSOC Site Visit - I wanted to give you a quick update regarding our SSOC site visit that is scheduled for next Wednesday, January 20th from 8:15 am - 12:00 pm. While I am disappointed that they will not get to talk with everyone, I believe we have put together a schedule that will provide an opportunity to see what UV is all about. Specials, support staff, and any other staff that is available during one of the discussion times (2nd grade, 1st grade, or 4th grade) please join one of those groups in the designated location. I still plan to ask the students to wear their STRONG shirts, but since it's in the middle of the week and PTO President's Forum will be here also, I would like for staff to dress professionally. Please be sure to wear your name tag. Your classrooms and the hallways are looking great. I KNOW our visitors are going to be impressed with our students, staff, and our environment! Please let me know if you have any questions!!
8:15 Meet with student group
8:40 Observe Morning Announcements and Arrival
9:03 Student Guided Building Tour and Classroom Visits
9:45 Meet with 2nd Grade (Williams' Classroom)
10:15 Meet with First Grade (Schenck’s Classroom)
10:30 Meet with Admin. and Core CSC Team (Office Conference Room)
10:50 -11:00 Meet with 4th Grade (Office Conference Room)
11:10 Observe 4th Grade Lunch
11:30 Meet with Parent Committee (Office Conference Room)11:50 Final wrap-up
- The office will make sure the Rock-On board is updated.
- We will leave the 3rd grade "We Value Our Viking" bulletin board up in the lobby.
- Please have your students add S.T.R.O.N.G. weights to the viking in the Rotunda.
- Please update student work in the hallway (anything fall/thanksgiving, etc. should be replaced). Work with the classrooms next to you to make sure all the hallway bulletin boards contain recent student work. Please double check all borders and work to ensure they are neatly and securely stapled.
- Lisa will be reviewing student to student Rock-Ons with 3rd-5th this week.
- This would also be a great time to review school-wide expectations with your students. We want to be sure they are their best selves during the visit.
- Possibly conduct a class meeting during the next week where you discuss "why they love UV or what makes UV special"..
- If you have a duty on Wednesday morning please be extra certain you are on time...maybe even a minute or two early.
- Be sure you are in the hallway greeting your students at arrival.
- Thank you for all you do!!!
Early Dismissal - January 15th
Early Dismissal Day Schedule
Buddy Activity Schedule – GYM (Cooperation)
9:30 - 10:05 Fourth Grade and Kindergarten
10:15 - 10:50 Third Grade and First Grade
10:55 - 11:30 Fifth Grade and Second Grade
- 11:00 – 11:20 Fourth and Kindergarten - All 4th grade classes should go to buddy classroom by 10:55.
- 11:30 – 11:50 Third Grade and First Grade - All 1st grade classes should go to buddy classroom by 11:25.
- 12:00 – 12:20 Fifth Grade and Second Grade - All 2nd grade classes go to buddy classroom by 11:55.
**Classroom Assistants will come to the Buddy Classroom to bring students to lunch.
**All classroom teachers are asked to be in the cafeteria to assist with the dismissal of your student tables at least five minutes prior to the end of the student lunch session.
Change to buddy lunch dismissal (please talk with your students about this plan)
**3-5 grade students will be dismissed to their teachers first. K-2 should assist with helping their students pack up their lunches and clean their area. Once 3-5 have exited the cafeteria K-2 students will be called to line up.
1:00 – 1:40 Lunch
1:45 – 4:00 Professional Development in the UV gym. Please bring your charged laptop. You can also borrow a ChromeBook if your computer does not stay charged :-)
**Also - please bring the 85 page "Unpacked Standards" document that was given to your PLC in December (you only have one for your team).