Weekly Update - 10/25
EASTON AREA HS INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC
This Week's Edition:
- Weekly Schedule
- NEW - Let's keep those uniforms looking good!
- UPDATED - Uniform Reminder
- Orchestra/ Wind Ensemble/ Jazz Uniform Information
- UPDATED - Healthy Snacks Needed!
- NEW - Pennsbury Band Festival Information
- SAVE THE DATE: Phantoms Ice Hockey Pep Band
- SAVE THE DATE: Fall Orchestra Concert & Dress Rehearsal
- Band Jackets are In! Sportswear sale is underway!
- UPDATED- The IMA Annual Citrus Sale is officially underway!
- NEW - Citrus Sale QR Code - let friends and family order from their own smartphone!
- UPDATED - Winter Wreath and Poinsettia Sale Sale Starts Monday!
- Noto's Hoagie Sale Information
- Big Thanks for a Big Wagon!!!
- SAVE THE DATE - Fall IMA Craft Show
- Reminder - Band Uniform Dry Cleaning Information
Weekly Schedule (October 25 - November 6, 2021)
- Wreath & Poinsettia Fundraiser BEGINS!
Tuesday, October 26
- Marching Band Rehearsal, 3:00 - 5:00pm @ EAHS
Wednesday, October 27
- Chamber Strings Rehearsal, 2:45 - 4:00pm @ EAHS
Thursday, October 28
- Marching Band Rehearsal, 3:00 - 5:00pm @ EAHS
- Jazz Band Rehearsal, 6:00 - 8:00pm @ EAHS (pizza dinner provided)
Friday, October 29
- Return Phantoms Game Form and Money (bring to rehearsal room)
- Away Game vs. Nazareth, report 5:00pm @ EAHS
Saturday, October 30
- Pennsbury Band Festival, report 4:00pm @ EAHS
Tuesday, November 2
- NO SCHOOL
Wednesday, November 3
- Chamber Strings, 2:45 - 4:00pm @ EAHS
Thursday, November 4
- Marching Band Rehearsal, 3:00 - 5:00pm @ EAHS
- Jazz Band Rehearsal, 6:00 - 8:00pm @ EAHS
Friday, November 5
- Possible Playoff Game - Time and Place TBD
Stay up to date by viewing our online calendar on our website!
Let's keep those uniforms looking good!
WOW! What an incredible job this weekend. Your uniforms looked fabulous! Please make sure to take your uniform out of the garment bag and air it out. If you did not take your jacket to the cleaners, now would be a great time! Check to make sure all wrinkles are steamed out of your jacket. Wash your sweat collar and white gloves too. Wipe up and clean your white band shoes. Many students need to use white shoe polish to tidy them up to get them back to bright white.
If we pinned up the black lining of your band jacket at the parade, please make sure to bring it into the uniform room on Tuesday and we will sew the lining up. Stay tuned for an update on when you can pick up your white pants if your pants were sent to the dry cleaners.
Thank you for your support in keeping your uniform looking sharp!
Uniform Reminder - Competitions are Coming Up!!!
Orchestra/ Wind Ensemble/ Jazz Band Uniforms & Contracts
REMINDER - Healthy Snacks needed!
Please help us provide some healthy snack options for the kids for the rest of October and November. We have several band competitions and parades over the next couple weekends in addition to practices that run throughout November.
Thank you in advance for your donation!! Every contribution helps. If you have any questions, please reach out to Jennifer Smith at email@example.com
Pennsbury Band Festival Information
705 Hood Boulevard
Fairless Hills, PA 19030
Information for Students:
- Report time is 4:00 p.m. @ EAHS. Buses depart at 4:15 p.m.
- Students will pick up white pants upon arrival @ EAHS. It is recommend for students to arrive BEFORE 4 p.m. to ensure we have a timely departure.
- Students should eat BEFOREHAND. However, it is also recommended they bring a packed dinner or snack with them. Do not bring any peanut products, chocolate, or any drinks other than water. This is to ensure the safety of all students and also protect all the uniform components on the buses. Snack & water will be provided for the students both on the way there AND on the way home.
- Students will wear full uniform (always bring raincoats). Instrumentalists will wear white pants, which means long white socks.
- Instruments must be cleaned & polished with a cleaning rag and or shining polish. It is recommended to do this on Wednesday or Thursday, as instruments will be packed Friday after classes for our away game.
Come on out and support your "Red Rover" Marching Band. Wear Easton colors, sit together, and cheer loudly for the Beast from the East!
Phantoms Hockey Game Pep Band - Saturday, November 13
DATE: Saturday, November 13 (afternoon report time)
WHAT: Pep band performance at Phantoms Ice Hockey Game - transportation provided
COST: $10/ student; $16 for family/ friends (any student who wishes to attend but has a financial concern should talk to Mr. Ballentine)
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Students will be given hard copy forms in classes this week. Forms are due back in the manila envelope at the front of the rehearsal room by Friday, October 29 (10/29).
Questions? Reach out to Mr. Ballentine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAVE THE DATE - FALL ORCHESTRA
There will be a dress rehearsal for 9 - 12 orchestra students on Tuesday, November 09 from 6:00 - 8:00pm.
Band Jackets are In! Fall Sportswear Sale is Underway!!
Band jackets are in. You may pick them up in front of the band room after rehearsal on both Tuesday and Thursday this week. Thank you.
Fall Sportswear Sale
The fall sportswear sale is open! It will be running now through Oct 31 at the link below. If you need extended adult sizes not listed in the store you can email Charity Piomelli at email@example.com with the item & size you would like and she will see if it is available for you.
Please note items are not ordered and made until the store is closed, and all orders will be delivered together once they are in. And while we are all excited to get our merch, please keep in mind our vendor is subject to the same supply chain issues that are hitting everyone right now. The goal is to have everything in before Thanksgiving week, but we may need to be flexible with delivery expectations. Thank you for your patience.
The IMA Annual Citrus Sale is officially underway!
Did someone say orange? This is one of the biggest fundraisers we do as an organization, so we need everyone to participate to make this a HUGE success! We’ve added some exciting, new items this year- two “samplers” of outstanding fruit- perfect to bring as a gift to holiday parties!
They are MULTIPLE ways to drive sales. As always, students can sell directly to friends and family in-person, or customers can place their orders online through our dedicated website. Additionally, customers can opt for direct ship.
1. WEBSITE - will be live on October 11th and will accept orders until Sunday, November 14th. https://freshfruitorder.org/EAHSmusic/
2. PDF PACKET - students will receive packets this week with instructions for the sale. In Person orders are due Wednesday, November 10th.
3. DIRECT SHIP - For the second year, we are offering Direct Ship items on the website which will enable customers to have items sent directly to their door - perfect for out-of-town customers and gift giving! There are a few items that are only available for direct ship and some that are the same as our regular offerings. Direct ship items cost more than regular items b/c the UPS fee is included.
4. DELIVERY - Fruit is scheduled to come in on Friday, December 10th with pick up on Saturday, December 11th at Raub’s Farm.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Lynn Franklin at (610) 207-4239 or at IMAfruitsale@gmail.com.
The next attachment is a flyer with information and a QR code that you can download, print, and share with anyone.
2021 Fall IMA Craft Show
Saturday, November 20
9:00am - 2:00pm
Help to spread the word about the great event! Are you a crafter/ vendor or know someone who is? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application!
Noto’s Deli Hoagie Coupons – Fall 2021
Thank you for everyone's support of IMA with the Noto's coupon sale. We will announce the pickup date and location soon. About the Noto’s hoagie coupon sale:
- Expiration date: coupons are good through January 31, 2022
- Cost: coupons are $8.00 each and are good for one 10″ hoagie (ham, turkey, roast beef, Italian, egg salad, chicken salad or tuna salad)
- Pick-up: late October with location to be determined
- Questions: please contact Mrs. Howe at email@example.com
Winter Wreath and Poinsettia Sale starts MONDAY!
Sale starts October 25th. You will be able to order online at https://eahsmusic.org/general/wreath-sale-2021 starting Monday the 25th.
You can see all the beautiful items for sale above, or in the attached PDF file.
If you want to send in your order, please use the attached Word Document.
Items and coupons will be picked up at Raub’s Farm 1459 Tatamy Rd Easton, PA 18045 on Saturday December 4th from 1-3pm.
*An email reminder will be sent out along with a receipt of your order and courtesy calls will begin at 245pm
There will be an additional pick-up date for coupons ONLY on Tuesday November 30th from 5pm-530pm in front of the Instrumental Room at the high school.
Big Thanks for a big wagon!!!
Many thanks to Kris Trelease for donating a new wagon to the IMA! This is a real back saver to all the band members and volunteers who haul hundreds of water bottles, snacks, & more around at all of our events.
Uniform Update: DRY CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
It is the responsibility of each band member to keep his or her uniform clean and in excellent condition.
It is important that the band present an excellent appearance at ALL times.
Uniforms are to be DRY CLEANED ONLY.
The white sweat collars inside the Band Jacket, Honor Guard Jacket, and Drum Major Jacket should be removed and hand washed after each performance. Do not use bleach. White gloves are to be worn at each performance. These can be machine-washed and hung to dry. Additional pairs of gloves can be purchased for $3.00.
We have selected Lehigh Valley Dry Cleaners who can guarantee us that the whites will stay white and not turn gray. EVERYONE MUST USE THIS DRY CLEANER.
Please Note: DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER HOME DRY CLEANING KITS.
LEHIGH VALLEY DRY CLEANERS - 3 LOCATIONS
PALMER -- Wm. Penn Plaza Shopping Center, Wm. Penn Hwy, Easton -- 610-258-8988
EASTON – Northwood Corner Nazareth Rd. Easton – 610-253-9161
HECKTOWN -- 193 Nazareth Pike, Bethlehem -- 610-759-5600
PRICES – Lehigh Valley Dry provides us with a 10% discount. Always mention that you are in the Easton High School Band to receive your discount. Separate pieces will be accepted to be cleaned at the same discount. Uniforms should be cleaned as often as needed.
SASHES: Use a professional dry cleaner; do not use steam or press.
Please note: only take the sashes to the dry cleaner when they are dirty. This will prolong the life of the sash. You may spot clean sashes with Ivory soap and water.
BLACK PANTS: Make sure to properly hang pants after each performance. DO NOT IRON!
Please contact Mrs. Niosi or Mrs. Martyak with questions regarding uniforms.
PMEA D10 Band & Orchestra Auditions
Auditions take place on Saturday, December 04, 2021. To view the solo lists & see more information about the requirements, please visit the PMEA D10 website.
Easton Area High School Instrumental Music
Citrus Sale QR Code!
If you're reading this newsletter on your phone, you can let your friends, family, co-workers, or complete strangers who love fruit start their Citrus Order by scanning the QR Code below with their phone's camera!
If you are not familiar with QR codes, this image can be read by a smartphone's camera and will ask to open a link in the smartphone's default browser. No personally identifiable information is passed by the QR code. The smartphone's owner can then order their citrus on their own phone. No forwarding emails, no texts.