Pre-K 3 NEWS!
Juan Diego Academy September 3, 2015
Pre-K 3 has had a wonderful start to the new school year. I want to thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to help your child adjust to their new classroom.
Please note the following dates and events:
1, Tomorrow Friday, September 4th, we will have a "Pay to Dress Day" to raise money for our orphans who live in Mexico. This means that they are allowed to be out of uniform and wear their favorite clothes if they pay $2.00 tomorrow morning.
2. Please make sure you have filled out your Parent Survey that we sent home on the first day of school. It is urgent we receive it. If you lost it, contact me by e-mail.
My school e-mail address is email@example.com . Please e-mail me at any time and I will get back to you the end of the day.
3. MONDAY THERE IS NO SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!
4. BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT IS NEXT WEEK ON THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH. Please meet upstairs at 6:00 p.m. for a short meeting with the principal and staff members. Then you will come down to my classroom to listen to our talk about what your child will be learning this year, schedules, and routines. Please do not stay after my talk to ask me how your child is doing. I have no time to answer questions because I have to present my talk again 2 more times. So if you have questions about how your child is doing, feel free to make an appointment with the secretary and we can meet after school at your convenience.
5, All girls need to wear shorts under their skirts. This is a school rule.
6. Please send a filled water bottle that fits on the side of their backpack. They may take it home daily and it is up to you to refill it with fresh water at home.
7. During Nap time, they are allowed to bring a small blanket and small baby pillow.
WHAT DID WE LEARN THIS WEEK?
We started to learn some words in Spanish, so it is kind of hard for some of them who does not speak Spanish at home, but believe me, they are doing incredible!!!!!.
Some of them are incredible kind, so thank you very much parents you are doing great as well.
NEXT WEEK WE WILL START ON OUR "FAMILY" THEME. CHILDREN WILL LEARN THE NAMES OF FAMILY MEMBERS IN SPANISH. WE WILL SHOW PICTURES OF DIFFERENT FAMILIES AND NAME THE MEMBERS IN EACH. I WOULD LIKE TO SHOW PHOTOS OF YOUR FAMILY IF YOU ARE ABLE TO SEND ONE. IT WOULD ENRICH OUR UNIT.
BODY PARTS WILL ALSO BE INTRODUCED WITH SONGS AND DANCING.
Have a wonderful long weekend.