Boone Meadow Friday Flyer
February 17, 2023
ZCS February Break - No School 2/20/23 thru 2/24/23
Dear Boone Meadow Families
We're wrapping up a busy week at the Meadow, and will look forward to seeing students back at school on Monday, February 27th.
A few reminders and highlights:
- February Break is February 20th-24th. School is not in session next week, and our offices will be closed.
- Yearbooks - It's time to order your child's 2022-23 Yearbook! Follow the link below to place your order online before March 17th. If you need to pay by cash or check, please contact the office for an order form to be sent home with your student. Yearbook cost is $15 Boone Meadow Yearbooks - ORDER HERE
- Kindergarten registration - If you, or someone you know has an incoming kindergartener for the 23-24 school year, be aware that registration will open up soon (anticipated on 2/27/23). Keep your eyes open as registration will go live for the graduating class of 2036! BME will host our first of a series "Kindy Strong Start" event (formerly known as Kindy Round Up) in the afternoon/evening of March 23rd for registered families. More information and details to come soon.
- Check out the graphics located below for Zionsville Do Days & Buddy Up Fun Night. Also, a flyer is included should families/students need Food Support during February Break.
Enjoy your break with your family.
Howdy from the Creative Corner,
We are excited to be participating again in the Young Artist Month Exhibition Show throughout downtown Zionsville the entire month of March. Rather than CHOOSE what art to hang I felt it better to see how many works I could get voluntarily. If your child has a work listed below that they would like on display for the month (a formal reception will be held at the opening of the show- details will go out once all art is turned in and accepted) and returned in the beginning of April. If your student is interested please have them return their work to me, Mrs. Trinosky no later than end of school day Friday, February 17th, 2023. I will then determine which will be hung (I have 40 spots to fill!!!!!)
Projects I am accepting by grade level:
- 4th Grade: Metal project (gold leaf or engraved/embossed metal)
- 3rd Grade: Yarn Paintings or 2D/3D Line Art (if you choose the line art please bring both the 2D&3D piece.)
- 2nd Grade: Value City
BME Bash! SAVE THE DATE!
Parent volunteers are hard at work planning the next BME Bash, scheduled for April 28, 2023. The BME Bash is an annual event sponsored by the Boone Meadow Elementary Parent Teacher Organization. Doing double duty as a community-building event and fundraiser for the school, the Bash is one of the most anticipated events of the year! In 2022, the event drew nearly 1,000 people from the Boone Meadow Elementary community!
WE NEED YOUR HELP! This year, the theme is Backyard BBQ and the event will feature inflatables, lots of food, family games, and, of course, the silent auction. We need community help to make this happen! If you know a business that would like to sponsor the event or donate items to the silent auction, please send them to our website (www.bmepto.com), where they will find sponsorship and donation forms.
If you have questions, reach out to the PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to text or call the BME Bash fundraising chair, Vanessa Keadle at (412) 582-3334.
ParentSquare Notification Settings..
ParentSquare is continually applying system updates to enhance individual communication experiences and offer customized options for receiving messages.
We highly recommend checking your individual ParentSquare settings to ensure you have selected to receive messages that align with your preference in consuming information. You can elect to receive messages instantly or you can choose to put them on a daily digest.
In the event of emergencies, including school closings and delays due to weather, the sender will attempt to override your individual settings to ensure you receive information instantly.
In a recent ParentSquare update, some individual settings were adjusted based on individual user consumption activity.
It is important to check your individual ParentSquare settings to be sure you are receiving the communication you desire on the timeline that you prefer.
This ParentSquare tutorial will guide you through accessing and selecting your individual ParentSquare message settings. If you have any questions, please contact ZCS technology to walk you through this process.
ZCS CAFES NEED YOUR HELP!
SEVERAL opportunities for employment await within the ZCS Food Service Department! ACT FAST as this may not be the case for long! J
Can you answer YES to any of the following questions?
Do you like kids?
· Are you eager to be a positive role model?
· Would you like to work with like-minded team players?
· Do you envision yourself OUT OF THE HOUSE, yet home for the kids?
· Does the idea of FAST action and quantifiable results sound appealing?
· Might you value the achievement of walking 10,000 steps in a 5-hour timeframe?
IF SO, please call Jan at 317-733-4804 OR apply online via the ZCS website; simply click here !
NOTE: The ZCS Food Service Department has regular positions starting at $15.25/hour and SOME even include benefits (medical/dental/vision)!
Indiana weather is known for its rapid changes and we have certainly already seen that this year! As the weather turns colder, students will need to come to school with their winter coats, hats, and gloves. Snow pants, waterproof boots, warm gloves/mittens are required to be able to play in the snow. Please reach out to our counselor, Mrs. Sloan, if you are in need of assistance to obtain cold weather gear. All children play outside except on rainy, icy, or very cold days (wind chill below the 10-20 degree range). Inside recess will be held on those exceptional days.
Upcoming Events & Important Info
February 20 - 24 - February break
March 6 - IREAD3 testing window begins
March 15 - End of Quarter 3; 3rd Grade Rube Goldberg celebration; NWEA testing window opens
March 20-24 - Scholastic Book Fair
March 23 - Kindy Strong Start event (3-7PM) for incoming Kindergarteners and families (formerly known as Kindy Round Up)
March 28 - 1st grade "Music Is Reading" Program (6:15 in Gym); 2nd grade "Music Is Reading" (7:15 in Gym)
March 31 - April 7 - Spring Break
April 12 - PTO Meeting
April 19 - Blood Drive @ BME
April 17-May 12 - ILEARN State Testing Window (3rd/4th grades)
April 20 - International Fair Night (tentative)
April 25th - 4th grade Music Celebration (6:30 in gym)
April 28 - 3rd grade State Museum Study Trip; Boone Meadow Bash! (5:30-8:00)
May 1-5 - Teacher Appreciation Week
May 2 - Boone Meadow Voices Concert @ ZWEST
May 4 - 3rd grade Recorder Showcase (6:30 gym)
May 10 - PTO meeting
May 12 - Field Day (Rain date = May 15)
May 22 - Kindy Sing (6:30 in cafe)
May 23 - 3rd grade Zionsville Walking Tour
May 24 - Fourth Grade Celebration
May 25 - Last Day of School
Lunch Guest Sign Ups
We are ready to welcome lunch guests! Students and their guests will have lunch at designated locations in the front lobby area. Please no more than 2 guests per student due to limited space. So that others may have the opportunity, we ask that you not sign up more than 1 time per month. As we implement this new system/procedure, we will limit availability one more week to Monday, Wednesday, and Friday visits.
Here's how it works:
- Sign up for a reservation in advance using this link: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/BMELunchSchedule@zcsk12in.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/ When you sign up, please be certain to complete all fields requested.
- Be sure to notify your child's teacher so they are informed to send your child to the front lobby to meet you/guest during their scheduled lunch time.
- Bring a photo ID and arrive 5 minutes early (lunch times are listed on the signup form link above).
- Your child will meet you in the front office area when they are ready.
School Safety: Visitors & Volunteers Background Checks
When volunteers are needed and approved, appropriate staff members will reach out to you in effort to welcome your support and assistance.
If you plan to volunteer or visit in the future, please note the following information.
Click here for information regarding required Background Checks for volunteers: ZCS Volunteer Background Check
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VOLUNTEERS
We value partnerships with our families and welcome parents and guardians to serve as volunteers in our schools. Each ZCS building typically offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities. If you plan to assist as chaperones or engage with children in a volunteer capacity, we strongly recommend getting a criminal background check completed well in advance to have on file.
- Field Trip Chaperones
- Out of Town/Overnight Chaperones
- Volunteer Coaches
- Classroom Helpers (PTO parties/room parents)
- Library Helpers
- After Prom Workers
- Field Day/Jog-A-Thon Volunteers
- Book Fair Sales/Athletic Ticket Sales
During the school day, all volunteers are expected to sign in at the front office. Prior to the volunteer opportunity, all volunteers must sign a Non-disclosure Acknowledgement Form and have successfully completed a Full Criminal History Background Check. Volunteers must also view the state mandated confidentiality/bullying video, provided on the Volunteer/BRAVO website.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VISITORS
During the school day, all visitors must enter via the front door and sign-in at the front office. Visitors need to be prepared to present a government issued photo ID which will be scanned against the National Sex Offender Registry. All visitors will be issued a visitor badge/tag to be worn inside the building at all times.
- Lunch Guests
- Classroom Guest Speakers
- Classroom Special Events (Grandparent Day/Famous Hoosiers/etc.)
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
*ZCS thanks all volunteers for generous support of our youth and schools. Thank you, too, for supporting assurance of student and staff safety by completing and paying for a volunteer background check.