Carver Middle School Newsletter
April 25, 2021
Good afternoon Carver MS,
Hopefully everyone had a great weekend. Our newsletter has a ton of vital information this week. Please take the time to check it out. As a reminder we will operate according to the NO PAWS time schedule Monday, Wednesday and Thursday of this week due to testing.
April is the Month of the Military child. We encourage all members of the Carver family to wear purple Friday. Special thanks to all of our military families!
Important information is available regarding our Summer School options as well as the Virtual Learning Academy. Please see the links below for details.
Finally, we hope that everyone has made fundraiser purchases this weekend. Our Spring Fundraiser is under way and we need your support to help boost our literacy programs, purchase incentives and uniforms of our athletes. Let's make this fundraiser one to remember!
Thanks Carver Family and have a great week!
Anthony J. McLaurin, Ed.D.
G.W. Carver MS
Spring Fundraiser! Make Purchases Below!
Click here to begin making purchases: https://www.bigtime.forfundsonline.com/home
Our school code is: 64801.
Virtual students may pick up a fundraiser packet from the front office to participate!
-Everyone that participates has a chance at the Mystery Student $100 Cash Award!
-Everyone that sells 7 items will attend the All you can eat Pizza Party and the $200 Mystery Student Cash Award!
-Everyone that sells 12 items participates in the Cash & Candy Scramble!
-Everyone that sells 20 items will reach in the Cash Box!
-Everyone that sells 30 or more items will earn $25 and can earn as much as $150 by selling 100 items.
Teacher Appreciation Week- Sweet Treat Sign-Up!
As you are likely aware, May 3-7 is teacher appreciation week! Our PTA has tons of fun in store to recognize our teachers. If you would like to participate in donating to our desert bar please use the sign up genius below!
April is the Month of the Military Child-Please wear purple friday
CCPS Virtual Learning
Please use the links below for details and to register your child for the Virtual Learning Academy for the 2021-2022 school year. Applications are due June 1, 2021
- April 26- WIDA Testing (No PAWS Time Schedule)
- April 26- Boys Soccer @ Home vs. Midlothian MS (3 pm)
- April 26- Boys Basketball @ Home vs. Midlothian MS (2:30 pm)
- April 27- Girls Soccer @ Home vs. Midlothian MS (3 pm)
- April 27- Girls Basketball @ Home vs. Midlothian MS (2:30 pm)
- April 28- Language Usage MAP Test (No PAWS Time Schedule)
- April 28- Boys Soccer @ Home vs. Robious (3 pm)
- April 28- Boys Basketball @ Home vs. RobiousMS (2:30 pm)
- April 29- Girls Soccer @ Home vs. Robious (3 pm)
- April 29- Girls' Basketball v@ Home vs. Robious (2:30 pm)
- May 3-7- Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 13- No school. Student & staff holiday
2021 CCPS Fine Arts Festival!
When you see the work that our students have done in a virtual world, you will see creativity, passion, hope, and communication.
We want to say thank you to all of our artists, performers, and teachers for coming together as a united team to bring light and joy into our lives. We know this was a different way to share the arts, but we hope this positive representation will help to reinforce the importance of the arts in our community whether we are live or virtual.
CCPS Online will be opening registration for the 2021-22 school year on February 1 and will take registrations until July 9, 2021. Additional information and the link to register can be found on the CCPS Online website. Students may register for a full course load if they would like to remain virtual for the 2021-22 school year or they may take supplemental classes while taking a full course load at their home school (fees are required for this option).
For the 2021-22 regular school year, any resident student seeking one additional course through CCPS Online will be granted a full fee waiver upon request. This is a change. Registration for summer courses is underway. Registration for summer Health/PE 9 will close on May 19. Registration for all other classes this summer will close on June 23.
Carver MS counselors are happy to answer all questions related to CCPS Online options.
Carver MS Free Little Pantry
Carver MS Free Little Pantry!
Please use the Carver MS Amazon Smile Link to provide direct donations to our community!
Thanks Carver Cougars!
Return to Learning Updates
Buses and car riders will begin arriving at the school building at 7:10 AM. The plan is to begin allowing students into the school building at this time (7:10 AM). A member of the team will be outside at both locations to make sure everyone knows when it is time to begin entering the building.
In order to dismiss in a safe and socially distanced manner, we will have three waves (Wave 1 (1:55) – Car Riders whose last name starts with the letters A-K, Wave 2 (2:00 PM) – Car Riders whose last name starts with the letters L-Z, and all of our students riding the school bus (2:05 PM).
Families who are picking students up – please do me the favor of being in the parent pick up loop at the appropriate time. I would ask that parents/families who are picking up in Wave 1 to begin arriving at 1:45 PM. Parents/families who are picking up students in Wave 2, please do not arrive at the school building until 1:55 PM. We will do our very best to make this a smooth process for everyone, but we know it will be a learning curve. We ask for your patience as we work to get the process more efficient during this first week.
3. Safety and Social Distancing
- We will not use lockers
- Students will be socially distanced in the hallways
- Students will be socially distanced when waiting on a bus or a car ride in the afternoon
- Masks are required at all times
- Shields are required when students are within 6 feet of one another in classrooms
- The daily health assessment – it is important that students do not come to school if they are not feeling well.
Yearbook Updates from Mrs. Boyd!
Follow us on our New Official Pages for upcoming news and highlights!
IG - @gwcarver.middle
Twitter - @gwcarvermiddle
Please us the following to upload your own pictures to the yearbook:
Link to upload photos:
If you are prompted to enter a User ID, your user ID is 415793944
Or you may send photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This year has been exceptionally different for each and every one of us. Let’s end this year strong and make an extra effort to build our community and promote KINDNESS! Please take photos or send a written blurb to Michelle Boyd of our Carver students showing KINDNESS for an opportunity to be featured in our 20/21 Cougar Yearbook. Please be sure to include your student’s name and grade!
If you are posting on your own social media please tags us and use the following hashtags:
IG - @gwcarver.middle
Twitter - @gwcarvermiddle
Carver MS School Counseling Assignments 2020-2021
Flex Block Update
Fridays (Office Hours)- Teacher will communicate with students to set up meets for assignments, check-ins, re-teaching and/or make up work. If your student does not have meetings scheduled, they may utilize this time to work on assignments independently.
Wells Athletic Association
Curbside Library Pickup
Pledge of Allegiance Google Meet Link!
Please be sure to share the new Google Meet link below with your Cougar to join us for the Pledge of Allegiance live link daily at 7:35 am!
Join the Carver MS Anime Club!
Share the Love with the Carver Staff!
Carver Attendance Line
Support and Self- Care During COVID-19
COVID-19 Support from the Viriginia Department of health: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/chesterfield/.
Please take a look at the COVID-19 Resources link. As we are all dealing with difficult times children and adults both may benefit from ideas and resources to help us to cope positively with our present reality.
Message from our School Nurse Mrs. Geisz
Here are a few reminders from the school clinic, even though we are starting school virtual all of the following are still required for this school year:
1. Proof of immunization: For a complete list of all required immunizations please see the Virginia Department of health link https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/immunization/requirements/ There are 2 Middle School specific requirements. Note :Effective July 1, 2019, a booster dose of Tdap vaccine is required for all children entering the 7th grade. Also note: Effective October 1, 2008, a complete series of 3 doses of HPV vaccine is required. The first dose shall be administered before the child enters the 6th grade, however with HPV, after reviewing educational materials approved by the Board of Health, the parent or guardian, at the parent’s or guardian’s sole discretion, may elect for the child not to receive the HPV vaccine.
2. Immunization records can be faxed to 804.520.4794 to the School Nurse.
3. Update Individual Health service plan: If your child lives with any of the following:
- Life-threatening allergies
- Or any other health concern that requires medication or specific health related procedures while in school please make sure that we have an updated health service plan and/or medication administrations forms. Required forms can be found here https://mychesterfieldschools.com/family-and-community-engagement/preparing-for-school/student-health-and-safety/
4. Please keep in mind due to COVID 19 the use of nebulizers will not be allowed this school year, so please make sure to discuss plans for treatment with your physician if your child has asthma.
I am looking forward to supporting your child to be safe, healthy and ready to learn at Carver Middle School! If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com or call me at 804.524.3620 ext.143.
Use the PTA website at: https://carverpta.ptboard.com/ to sign up.
1. Log in or create an account.
2. On the "Join School" pop up screen enter code: 9XKCHR.
3. Sign up to assist with events, purchase spirit wear, raise funds and assist the PTA in supporting our students!