The Smalls Tot Spot Times
Remind Me App.
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Danielle's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Katie Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Le Andra's Email: email@example.com
Teacher's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
HERE WE GROW AGAN!
We are Welcoming 4 new Kiddos!
Evelyn started last week. Chael on the 6th and Jack on the 13th. And Maddie will be joining us in September!!!!
Goodbye to Charlie and Lilly! Have lots of fun with the Jr. Scouts!
IN THE CLASSROOM
- Please bring in sunscreen to reapply throughout the day.
- Please bring your child already wearing it. The best time for the Smalls to enjoy the outside, in the mornings, and this will allow more time for outside adventures.
Sensory, Art, Science:
The kids will play with dry and cooked noodles, cotton, tissue paper, glue, and droppers. We will use play-doh, sand and water. We will continue to let our babies play with their food!
There is always opportunities to use math in everything we do. We will group toys, add and subtract. We will practice cleaning up and stacking books. We are practicing none and a lot. Signing all gone, and more. Opposites are being introduced.
As the big kids anticipate meal times, we use this opportunity to pretend and prepare the food with the kids. We will mix and pour and serve up our food. We will talk about light and dark. It will be fun to act surprised, and wear hats.
We like to talk to the babies as soon as possible on things that we know they will be practicing soon. We will also continue to work on our sign language. We have been trying to set boundaries, and use consistency in rules. The word "no" is being used in order for the babies to understand wrong choices. If this is a concern, or you would rather your child not have this reinforcement, please address it with us. We have been using
Gentle touch, and sit on our bottom as reminders to the older Smalls.
Gross Motor: Pushing physically abilities is challenging and rewarding. We will use our muscles and energy to stay active. Baby Yoga has been entertaining. We are working really hard to get on those knees, and we will be practicing pulling up.
We use the tone of our voice to emphasize the letter sounds. There are links attached below where you can check out more about Zoophonics.
Ready for some back to school books? Scholastic is BACK!! Check out all the deals for this month!! Scholastic will be sent out August 7th and will orders will be due August 16th. Our online code is HQ686
The American Academy of Pediatrics says that insect repellents containing deet are safe for children as young as 2 months. Bug repellents with deet come in varying strengths -- some contain up to 30-percent deet. A higher concentration of deet doesn't mean a product is stronger, only that it lasts longer.Quick Comparison – Our Top 5 Picks
*All links above will take you to the latest prices on Amazon.com
The Parent's Spotlight
Would you like to donate?
Do you have any cardboard egg cartons?
Is there ever a time when you say to youreself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"?
We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used.
For example we're adding some awesomeness to our outdoor play space. Our's 2's teachers are tackling this big job. We are in need of old pot, pans, utensils, and wooden planks. They are planning to create a music wall, mud kitchen, and reading area. Please let us know if you have anything that you'd like to donate for our cause. Thank you!
Question: If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would do and why?
- Ms. Stacey: The first thing I would do after calling my financial adviser would be, Ask my 24 year old son and my 20 year old daughter, Who was it that has made an ever lasting impact on them through out school. We would give them a surprise.
- Ms. Hailey: buy a house so I don’t have to pay rent anymore!
- Ms. Alisha: Pay off this building, give almost everyone a raise, and go on vacation before designing the new perfect tot spot. It would have gigantic rooms, a natural play world, doors and restrooms that operate perfectly, and bathrooms and laundry areas inside every room.
- Mr. Mike: take a vacation
- Ms. Danielle: I would travel for a couple of months. Just by myself. There’s a company that sends you to to secret places and that would be really cool. Like places you don’t think about. Greece is my number one place though, I’d definitely go there.
- Ms. LeAndra: First I would go buy a pink Jeep wrangler. Then I would take my best friends and family on a huge shopping spree to thank them for everything they do for me. I would pay all my bills and I would book a week or 2 long vacation as well and finally be stress free!!
- Ms. Katie: If I won the lottery, the first thing I would do is take a vacation to either Disney or New York City. My son wants to see the ocean and is obsessed with New York.
- Ms. Erin: Give 1/2 the money to my parents, because they've done a lot for me.