Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!!!!
Please be looking in the lounge this week for treats and little surprises!
You may dress down all week.
Enjoy the week!!!
Lounge Refrigerators! and more free lunch advice!
Stars and Wishes
1. 3rd Grade is done with MAP testing!! Congratulations!
2. 5th grade starts MAP testing next week. They have prepared for this week a lot. Good luck and thank you for your hard work as well.
3. Mann Market was a great success. See pictures below!
4. The students enjoyed Sport Spirit Day
5. LOTS of fun activities going on this week in your classrooms.
6. Thank you to Katie B., Becky, Lacey and Kristin for your hard work in getting the Spring Carnival together. We had a great turn out. Thank you also to those who volunteered. (Brittany, Sharon and John, Wendy, LaMesha, Danielle, Rianne, Deb, Morgan and Ben)
A Wish or two or three:
1. Remind your students about MAP testing. 5th Grade starts on Monday. Please have them be extra quiet in the hallways.
Definition: Gratitude, the feeling of appreciation or thanks
1. My daughter Caeli and her husband Drew are going to have a baby in November!
2. My son Connor, graduates from MSU on the 13th! So proud of him.
3. My dad
4. Each and every staff member in this building
Getting Down to the WIRE!!!
Monday, May 2:
**ELA Session 1 (estimated testing time 45-80 minutes)
**ELA Session 2 (estimated testing time 25-45 minutes)
**ELA Session 3 (estimated testing time 15-25 minutes) headphones required
Tuesday, May 3:
ELA Session 4 (estimated testing time 60-90 minutes)
**Math Session 1 (estimated testing time 35-50 minutes)
Wednesday, May 4:
**Math Session 2 (estimated testing time 35-50 minutes)
Science Session 1 (estimated testing time 45-55 minutes)
Thursday, May 5:
Science Session 2 (estimated testing time 20-25 minutes)
Science Session 3 (estimated testing time 45-65 minutes)
At A Glance
Things that are coming up and due dates:
- Your Growth Plan and Summative will need to be finalized in May. Be finishing up anything you need to in order to complete your Growth Plan.You will also fill in the reflection section as well. Let me know if you need help. If you were on the evaluation cycle, I need to sit down and go over this with you. Please connect with me so we can get a date set to go over this.
Week of May 2nd-5th
2nd- 3rd grade to Cardinals Game 9:30-1:00
2nd- Kristin- Summative 8:30
2nd- CPT 1st grade 1:45
3rd- EOY Dance Painting Party- After school in art room- For those participating in the Celebration Assembly.
4th- First grade- Discovery Center
4th- Future Eagles 10:30
5th- Nurse's Day
5th- K prep 6:00
6th- Summatives -Lacey 10:15, Lisa 11:45, Rianne 2:45- Please come to my office
Update on my dad:
We have taken a step back on him eating on his own. The second round of chemo took a toll on his appetite. My mom is trying everything she can to get him to eat. This irritates him and then he gets a bit grumpy with her. She gets grumpy right back! So, hopefully things will take a turn for the better after the sees the doctor on Friday. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding. Any suggestions on how to get this man to eat are welcome!!
Calendar for May
9th- Becky Ash 8:45-11:30
9th- Honor Choir field trip 9:30-11:30
9th- Retirement Party after school
10th- MVP luncheon
10th- Becky Ash 8:45-11:30
10th- 5th grade to SDC- Teri gone
11th- Principal's meeting- Teri gone
11th- 3rd Grade Field Trip
11th- 5th grade All city orchestra-6:15
12th- Emily Summative 9:15
12th- PTA planning
12th- Kindergarten Field trip-
12th- Walking Field Trip- SPED
13th- Field Day- I will gone. This is Connor's graduation from MSU.
13th- HYVEE movie night at dusk
16th- Career Day
17th- Famous Missourians- morning
17th- 3-5 MAP celebration- afternoon
18th- Celebration Assembly- 9:30 and 5th grade clap out
19th- Last day of school- 2 hour early release
Duties for May 2-5
Front Sidewalk Duty: Gratton
Car- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday- Sweet/Wednesday and Friday- Smith
Parking Lot Exit-Monday, Tuesday, Thursday Pheonix/Wednesday and Friday- Maxwell
GRADE LEVEL/DEPARTMENT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MARCH ASSEMBLY:
May- THEME COMMITTEE RESPONSIBLE
HAVE NAMES READY FOR THE MANN HUDDLE BY THIS DATE:
Have 2 Brag Tag names and 1 MVP ready for the assembly on the 25th
MVP LUNCHEON DATE FOR THIS MONTH’S MVPS: May 10th
Please send home the MVP letter with your student. They are located on Canvas.
Collaborative Planning Meetings
INFORMATION NEEDED FOR THIS MONTH:
Be prepared to tell me the following:
1. What was your best moment this year?
2. After hearing some of the changes coming for next year, what are your goals for next year school year? (CDC report by Hannah and Brad, Canvas, Google Docs, PBL, Choice Seating, Flexible scheduling, Centers/Stations/Rounds etc.....)
3. Where do you feel you did your best learning and what did you take away from it? (Observations of other teachers, Focus Group, workshops, etc.....)
4. What are your three "Gratitudes"------
5. Any other you would like to share at our last CPT.
The second Tuesday of the month is the MVP luncheon-(except March- It will be on the 15TH due to Spring Break)
The third Tuesday of every month is faculty meeting. Not all will be seated. Some will be on Canvas.
The third Tuesday of every month is PTA executive meetings- Teri Gone
The first Tuesday of every month is Leadership- please send feedback with your rep.
The first Wednesday of every month is PTA Teri usually gone. AM
The second Wednesday of every month is Principal Meeting- Teri gone
Remember to fill out field trip forms, check the master calendar and tell the cafeteria if you are not eating at school that day. Also, new this year, all end of year field trips MUST be scheduled by April 1st.
Good To Know- anticipated employee high absence days
For the 2015-2016 school year, we anticipate heavy employee absences on the dates listed below. Historically, Kelly Services has had a difficult time filling absences with substitutes on these dates. If possible and if an event hasn’t already been scheduled, we’d appreciate any effort you might make to avoid scheduling events on these days. Also, it would be extremely helpful if we can ask teachers to avoid Fridays for Assessment Testing. This made a huge difference last year! Beyond these, please take into consideration these high absence days:
· Friday, May 5th – SPS Graduation
· Friday, May 6th – SPS and Evangel Graduation
· Friday, May 13th – MSU and Drury Graduation
Birthdays and Recognition Days
ALL OF THIS HAS BEEN UPDATED ON CANVAS. Please make sure you know when you are responsible for your day or month.
Special Recognition Days:
Nurse's Day- First Week of May- Teri, Sharon and Brittany
Tessa Sweet- 5/18
Marilyn Sweet 5/23
Ben McVicker- 6/1
Donna Dickens- 6/5
Laura Wrinkle- 6/12
Cat Krepinnevich 7/4
Nancy Martin 7/12
Some pictures of our Mann Family and Happenings at Mann!
She had to have him in the picture!
Good place to sit and discuss-----
They got a hold of my device. Can you tell?
Doing "Scoot" to make sure they understand centimeters.
(In Miss Hoos' Class)
They loved doing Scoot!
Loving the spaces in the library!