EVO19 Call for Participation
Participate in a free 5-week online session on EVO19
Call for Participation for Sessions on EVO19
For five weeks in January and February, TESOL experts and participants from around the world engage in collaborative online discussions or hands-on virtual workshops of professional and scholarly benefit. These sessions bring together participants for a longer period of time than is permitted by land-based professional development conventions and allow a fuller development of ideas than is otherwise possible.
Sessions are free and open to anyone around the globe. It is not necessary to be a TESOL or IATEFL member nor to attend the TESOL Convention in order to participate. All you need is access to the Internet.
We invite you to choose a session from this year's offerings listed below. Please inform your colleagues about this unparalleled professional development opportunity!
- CEFR Vs. Assessment: How can new revisions help?
- Classroom-based Research for Professional Development
- Escape the Room
- Flipped Learning for Language Teaching
- Getting_Online as a teacherpreneur
- Job oriented Training for ESP Teachers and sharing their findings globally and locally
- EVO Minecraft MOOC (EVOMC19)
- Moodle 4 Teachers (Teaching Online)
- Mother tongue use in the ESL classroom
- PBL all-round learning experience for ESL
- QR Codes in Action
- Teaching EFL to Young Learners
- Techno CLIL 2019
- Teaching Pronunciation Differently
Mailing list: https://tinyletter.com/electronicvillageonline
The Electronic Village Online Hashtag is: #evosessions
Click on the title of a session below to view the complete session description. You will find instructions on how to join the session on that page.
REGISTRATION IS FROM JANUARY 7 TO JANUARY 13, 2019
- The sessions begin on January 13th but are held asynchronously; that is, you can log in, begin reading, and join the email discussion of the materials. However, most sessions have some synchronous activities where you gather for a live meeting on your topic of study. See your session's syllabus of weekly activities for details.
- EVO19 Kickoff! January 12, 2019 at 2 UTC (9:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada) Please check your timezone here: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=EVO19+Kickoff&iso=20190112T09&p1=250&ah=1&am=30 and join our meeting https://zoom.us/j/417142783