EVO20 Call for Participation
Electronic Village Online for 2020
For five weeks in January-February, participants and ESOL experts engage in collaborative, online discussions or hands-on virtual workshops of professional and scholarly benefit. These five-week sessions allow a fuller development of ideas than is possible in convention sessions.
EVO sessions are sponsored by a TESOL Interest Section or affiliate, an IATEFL Special Interest Group, or other groups or affiliates. Sponsors provide no financial support. If you do not have a sponsor, the Coordination Team can help you find one or more.
List of EVO20 Sessions
- 2020 EVO Minecraft MOOC
- CEFR VS Assessment
- Classroom-based research for Professional Development
- English for the Workplace
- Escape the Classroom!
- Getting Online as a Teacherpreneur
- Grammar for TESOL
- Immersive Language Teaching and Learning
- Mentoring teacher-research
- TECHNO CLIL 2020
- TEFL2YL EVO20
- Tools for Student Collaboration
REGISTRATION IS FROM JANUARY 5 TO JANUARY 11, 2020
- The sessions begin on January 11, but are held asynchronously; that is, you can log in, begin reading, and join the email discussion of the materials. However, most sessions have some synchronous activities where you gather for a live meeting on your topic of study. See your session's syllabus of weekly activities for details.
- EVO20 Kickoff! January 12, 2020 at 2 PM UTC (9:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada) join our meeting https://zoom.us/j/245943047
- Please check your timezone here: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=EVO19+Kickoff&iso=20190112T09&p1=250&ah=1&am=30 and join our meeting https://zoom.us/j/245943047