SEES Weekly Bulletin
Week of November 16
No intervention classes this week
Monday, 11/16 No Students: Parent Teacher Conferences
Monday, 11/16 Teacher Taco Bar! 11-1pm in the lounge
Tuesday-Friday: Minimum Days, Parent Teacher Conferences: see schedule below
Thursday, 11/19 3rd Grade Batiquitos Lagoon Field Trip, Dixon, Taylor 8:55 - 11:30am
November 23 - 27
Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your week.
November 30 - December 4th
Monday, 11/30 TOSA Math lessons 2nd grade
Tuesday, 12/1 3rd Grade Batiquitos Lagoon Field Trip, Roy, Green/Miller 8:55-11:30
Wednesday, 12/2 Early Release Day, PLC
Thursday, 12/3 TOSA Math lessons 3rd grades
Thursday, 12/3 Math TOSAs, 2nd/3rd grade teachers, debrief lesson 3:30 staff lounge
Friday, 12/4 TK/K Teaching Math with Meaning, Professional Development 8:30-3 LCM
You are invited to Taco Bar Monday!
Parent Teacher Conference Week Schedule
Monday November 16th—No school All day Parent-Teacher Conferences
Tuesday, November 17th through Friday, November 20th—Shortened day with lunch served
School hours for Grades 1-5 8:45 am—1:25 pm
Parent/Teacher Conferences 1:45 pm—3:45 pm
School hours for morning Kindergarten 8:15 am—10:45 am
School hours for afternoon Kindergarten 10:55 am—1:25 pm
Parent/Teacher Conferences for Kindergarten will be scheduled outside of these hours.
The cafeteria will be serving a hot lunch each day. Students who attend KOC will be able to attend KOC on their scheduled days immediately after their dismissal time.
Duty Schedule, Week of November 16th
Speak Up Survey
This is a great week to have your students take the Speak Up Survey!
How to take the survey
- Click http://www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2015/ to take the survey
- Select your group - e.g. students, parents, educators, community, group surveys
- Search for your school by entering your zip code or by selecting your state and selecting your school's name from the list
- Only STUDENTS require a password to complete the survey. The password for SMUSD students is: NCPDFSMIS
Thank you! Let's have a great SEES showing!
Monday, November 16th: Dine out November
Notes from 'Intervention'
Just a friendly reminder to input your intervention students' information into the google sheet I sent you. This includes a current F&P and new Lexile score. I will be rearranging groups based on this information. You will hear from me next week about the new groups.
A couple notes about F&P.....
- You will want to begin testing the student on the next level of the highest instructional level that was recorded. For example, once the child has scored instructional at L, they don't go back to a previous level. If you feel the student has made more growth than this, then use the word start list to determine what level to start.
- Record the highest instructional level. (keep going until they hit "hard") That means if the student is instructional at L and M and hard at N, then you would record the student as instructional at M.
- Remember, we need a decoding and comprehension score on each level. Writing is optional.
The more consistent we are with F&P scores, the better the student is placed :) See me if you have any questions. I see great growth which is a direct result of your efforts in the classroom!
Character Trait for November: Responsibility - Pursue Excellence!
Responsibility - Pursue Excellence
" I will do my best and persevere."7 Habits – Begin with the End in Mind
Week 3: How will I be responsible when I am doing something that is hard for me?
Rules Discussion Grade Level Assemblies
I am concerned with our students' behavior on the playground and hallways. I have seen an increase in unwanted behavior this year. I know you are all very busy with your schedules, but I would like to speak to your students at the Flag Salute area this Wednesday for about 10-15 minutes. I am sending each grade level an electronic invite for their time. I will be discussing playground rules, walking in halls, stealing on campus and expectations for behavior at the lunch tables. Jimmy
Here are the times on Wednesday:
8:55-9:15- 3rd grade
9:30-9:45- 4th grade
12:45-1:00- 1st grade (come straight from recess)
1:05-1:20- 2nd grade (dismiss to go home from assembly)