Pacific Ridge Principal's Update
Week of Monday, March 15th - Friday, March 19th
Updated Transportation Information
Coming home this week!
Welcome 4th & 5th Grade Puffins!
Our final group of hybrid puffins are landing!
Shoes that FIT!
Is your child in need of new shoes for the Spring?
Shoe Request Form: https://forms.gle/acbCpk3ME2SBjxVK7
Mrs. Munoz Digital Book Club
Meet our Digital Book Club Readers: Mrs. Ensign, Azzy, Brady and Mia!
Our Digital Book Club members are reading Front Desk by NY Times Best Seller Kelly Yang. Front Desk is an award winning middle grade novel about a 10 year old Chinese American immigrant girl (Mia Tang) who manages the front desk of a motel while her parents clean the rooms. These students have embraced Mia, discussed big topics, checked comprehension and were engaged on a deeper level. They are excited each day and cannot wait to read more. We are hoping to continue this book club when we return to hybrid. We will think outside the box so that we can keep the reading spark alive! Secretly they cannot wait to finish and read the next book in the series....neither can I!
So proud of these readers! -Mrs. Muñoz
Parent Teacher Conferences
Please click the appropriate link below to sign up for a 30 minute time slot to meet with your child's teacher.
- Kinder-5th Grade Families with students enrolled in Hybrid Onsite Instruction sign-up HERE.
- Kinder-3rd Grade Families with students enrolled in Comprehensive Distance Learning Online (CDL) sign-up HERE. (Mrs. Wright, Mrs. Edwards, Mrs. Spunaugle)
We look forward to meeting with each of you to share your child's growth and progress in their grade level standards. Teachers will also be sharing report cards during your conference.
Upcoming Important Dates:
- Monday, March 15th ~ In-service Day ~ No School Today. Teachers will be preparing report cards.
- Tuesday, March 16th, 4th & 5th Grade AM/PM cohorts begin today
- Thursday, March 18th ~ No Onsite Instruction Today ~ K-5 CDL online instruction day due to parent teacher conferences starting at noon.
- Thursday, March 18th ~ 12:00-8:00PM Parent Teacher Conferences
- Friday, March 19th ~ No School Due to Parent Teacher Conferences
- Friday, March 19th ~ 8:00AM-12:00PM Parent Teacher Conferences
- Monday, March 22nd-Friday, March 26th ~ Spring Break ~ No School
How do I contact my child's teacher?
Teacher Contact Information
Also, all contact information for teachers (including phone numbers) can be found on our school website. Due to distance learning, all teachers have their own individual phone numbers. Here is the link https://pre.seaside.k12.or.us/ourstaff
No Onsite Instruction on Thursday, March 18th
Comprehensive Distance Learning Day
Due to Parent Teacher Conferences next week, we only have a half day with students on Thursday, March 18th. Conferences will begin at 12:00PM-8:00PM. If we had on site instruction we would only be able to have the AM cohort attend. Therefore, all students PreK-5th will participate in Comprehensive Distance Learning (CDL) online on this day.
Thank you in advance for your continued patience and understanding as we navigate all of our new routines and our new hybrid schedule together.
Kindergarten ~ Thursday, March 18th CDL Schedule:
8:30-8:55 Morning meeting
9:00-9:30 Small group
9:45-10:15 Small group
1st -5th Grades ~ Thursday, March 18th CDL Schedule:
8:30-9:00 AM ~ Zoom Morning Meeting
9:00-10:30 AM~ Zoom Reading & Math Groups
*Friday, March 19th is a no school day with teachers conferencing with parents from 8:00AM-noon.
Pick-Up Times for A Cohort Families
AM Cohort A Families,
- Kinder & 1st Grade families please plan to arrive between 10:55-11:10 for pick-up.
- 2nd & 3rd Grade families, please plan to arrive between 11:10-11:20 for pick-up.
- 4th & 5th Grade families, please plan to arrive between 11:15-11:25 for pick-up, starting on Tuesday, March 16th.
*If you have a child in multiple grades, please default to your youngest child for pick-up time. Your older child will also be sent out at that time.
Upcoming Virtual Fundraiser
Show your puffin pride!
Rock some Pacific Ridge gear!
When should a sick child stay home?
PTO Scholastic Book Fair
Upcoming Virtual School Book Fair
Krispy Kreme Fundraiser
Hard copies will come home in backpacks!
Pacific Ridge Beginning School
Pacific Ridge Beginning School is finally officially opening our doors! We are so excited to be bringing another opportunity for preschool to the families in the Seaside School District. Classes began TODAY onsite for our currently enrolled students and new students will be able to join us on March 29. If you have a child who was 3 or 4 on September 1, 2020 they are eligible to attend our program.
If you wish to begin the enrollment process, please click on the link on the flyer below to fill out the screening form. Because our program is partially funded through a Preschool Promise grant, you may be eligible for free or reduced tuition based on your income. All families are asked to begin with the screening form, even if you know you do not qualify for a free or reduced spot in our program.
Please contact the Pacific Ridge school office if you have questions or need assistance completing the screening form.