Militray and Goverment in sparta
- You had to join the army at age 7 and had to live in the harsh barracks.
- You could leave the barracks at the age of 30 and start a family but you were still in the army.
- Other city-states were feared by Spartans great army, it was powerful
- Because of the spartans army they helped play a part in the defeating of the Persians.
- Because Sparta focused military, they fell behind in literature and arts.
- They had an oligarchy, which did not have a lot of people in it a oligarchy is goverment ran by few people.
- They conquered their neighbors and enslaved them witch the military feared that the helots would rebel
- They had two kings that headed a council of elders there were 28 people over the age of 60 in the council.
- All men over the age of 30 belonged to the assembly witch they voted on council laws and chose 5 people to be the ephors.
- Goverment discouraged foreign visitors to keep from braking their goverment down.