Aids and HIV in sub-saharen Africa
- In sub-Saharan Africa, people with HIV-related diseases occupy more than half of all hospital beds
- The toll of HIV and AIDS on households can be very severe
- Often the poorest that are most vulnerable.
- AIDS causes the household to dissolve, as parents die and children are sent to relatives for care and upbringing.
- In many countries of sub-Saharan Africa, the biggest increase in deaths ... has been among adults aged between 20 and 49 years.
how msny people die of hiv and aids.
Sub-Saharan Africa alone accounted for an estimated 70% of all people living with HIV
Countries in North Africa and the Horn of Africa have significantly lower rates, as their populations typically engage in fewer high-risk cultural patterns that have been implicated in virus's spread in sub-Saharan Africa