By: Jayden Wartman
- Perform experiments on both living and dead animals to study behavior and structure.
- May work at hospitals, zoos, testing laboratories, medical schools, pharmaceutical, and many others.
- Will range from $41,890 to $112,400 Nationally.
- Some species that may be worked on are mammals, birds, reptiles, and quite a bit more.
- Need a bachelors degree to become a zoologist.
- If wanting to become more of a researcher you will also need a Masters Degree.
- Very few colleges in some states offer a Animal/ Zoologist class.
- Learn about the body design of animals.
- Work many hours and usually have a lot of hard work.
Preparing to Succeed as a Zoologist
- A bachelors degree is required to become a Zoologist.
- Some courses that should be studied in college are Biostatistics, Applied Calculus, Ecology, General Biology, Genetics, General Chemistry, and many others.
- A small list that is typically required in college are Advanced Ecology, Animal Taxonomy and Natural History, Population Biology, Quantitative Ecology, Reasearch Methods, and Statistics are some examples.
Available Colleges for a Zoologist
Location: Madison, Wisconsin.
Address: 500 Lincoln Drive
Web Address: http://www.wisc.edu
Pros: Has the sport of tennis, basketball, and offers many degrees.
Cons: Very old school, kind of long drive from some locations, and also it's a huge public school.
College #2: California State Polytechnic University
Location: Pomona, California.
Address: 3801 West Temple Avenue
Web Address: http://www.cpp.edu
Pros: Includes the sport of tennis, basketball, and has a large campus size.
Cons: This is a pretty old college, not many degrees are offered, and is a pretty far away drive from where most people live.
College #3: California State University
Location: Long Beach, California.
Address: 1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Web Address: http://www.csulb.edu
Pros: It's located in a warm state, includes a lot of degrees, and has the sport of basketball.
Cons: Pretty expensive college, doesn't include the sport of tennis, and has a small campus for the population of kids.
Zoologist Contact Information
Name: Department of Integrative Biology
Address: 288 Farm Lane. East Lasiins, Michigan.
Phone Number: 517-355-4640
Website Address: https://integrativebiology.natsci.msu.edu
Name: Zoological Association of America
Address: PO Box 511275 Punta Gorda, FL 33951-1275.
Phone Number: 941-621-2021
Website Address: http://zaa.org
"What Is a Zoologist?" WiseGEEK. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Jan. 2016.
"Welcome to ZAA.org." Welcome to ZAA.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Jan. 2016.