Volumen 12, Edicion 1 - Agosto 17, 2018
Minutos de Mrs. Hutchins
Immersion Education – Teaching academic content in another language
Welcome Back Fronteras Families!
We had another incredible start to the school year! We hope you all enjoyed a fantastic summer! Thank you to everyone who was able to attend our Open House! Please remember, we are here to assist you with settling in, so please do not hesitate to email your child’s teachers or call the front office with questions you may have. All staff emails are on our website.
A couple helpful housekeeping items:
Morning drop off:
· Please pull as far forward along the sidewalk as possible – walking is good for the heart!
· Ensure your child(ren) have their items ready to go and can exit the vehicle quickly
· Do not leave your vehicle – if you want to walk your child to the door, please park in the designated parking lot
· Be patient and extra attentive when driving through the parking lot
Picking up in the afternoon:
· Enter our parking lot ONLY through the entrance, and exit our parking lot ONLY through the exit
· Please be patient, courteous, and aware at all times while driving through our parking lot
· Do not leave your vehicle in the drive-thru lane alongside the sidewalk. This is NOT a parking zone. If you need to leave your vehicle, please park in a designated spot.
When your child forgets an item for school:
· Please bring the item(s) to the front desk. We will deliver to your child at an appropriate time.
Volunteering in the school:
· New MSBSD Policy AR 1240 requires all volunteers to complete the District Volunteer Application form SSE03. Volunteers will be allowed to be in district schools after being positively identified, checked against the Sex Offender Registry, and cleared
· Please make sure to sign in at the front office prior to going to any area of the school
· All volunteers and guests are required to follow staff direction during any emergency drills that may occur (scheduled and unscheduled)
· Non-Fronteras siblings are discouraged when volunteering at school. As a volunteer, attention must be on our students at all times
Thank you for sharing your children with us! We are looking forward to a phenomenal year together!
“Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” – Margaret Mead
APC Board News!
Hello Fronteras Families,
We hope you have had a wonderful summer! APC Board Meetings are typically held the 2nd Tuesday, bi-monthly. Our first scheduled Board meeting for the academic year will be on Tuesday, September 11, 6:00pm. We will meet in one of the Middle School classrooms, TBD.
All families are welcome and encouraged to attend APC meetings. The APC Board works in partnership with our school administrator, Mrs. Hutchins, to uphold the intention and direction of the Charter. The Board is comprised of parents and staff, though we also have positions available for several community members as well. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
APC Board Chair
Subway is back!
**CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR IPARENT**
Have no fear, SchoolCash Online is here! For safety, efficiency and the reduction of cash and checks coming into our schools, the MSBSD has implemented SchoolCash Online! It takes less than 5 minutes to register to start enjoying the convenience of paying online and fast!
**CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR SCHOOLCASH ONLINE**
School Dismissal Manager
SDM sent families an email earlier this week with necessary information to access SDM. Parents/guardians of Fronteras students no longer need to call the front office to make changes to their child’s afternoon dismissal plans. You will do it all at your convenience!
Visit www.schooldismissalmanager.com today to download the app or visit Kami at the front desk for a personal demonstration!
Thank you for being Fronteras SDM rockstars!
Get the App!
DOWNLOAD THE NEW MSBSD APP!
Stay connected with your students' schools all in one place! The app also gives you access to Tip Line to report information directly to your child's Principal.
Click the image below to learn more about all the app's new features!
Volunteer Log Book
Puerto Rico Meeting (8th Grade)
Puerto Rico........HERE WE COME!