The Friday Forecast
SUMMER 2022 EDITION
CONGRATULATIONS CLASS OF 2022!
Last night we honored Walnut High School's 52nd graduating class. We hope these are memories our Class of 2022 graduates will take with them for the rest of their life. We are so proud of how they have handled challenging and constantly changing times and yet always continued to shine!
CONGRATULATIONS, CLASS OF 2022!
Check out the recorded ceremony and photo gallery from last night! Pictures were taken by Shani Su.
NOTABLE FUTURE DATES (DATES & TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
First Day of Summer School: June 6th
Last Day of Summer School: July 14th
GLC Registration Begins: June 27th
First Day of School: August 8th
Last Day of School: May 25, 2023
News and Announcements
CLASS OF 2022 SENIOR AWARDS NIGHT
It was a night of celebration for the Class of 2022 at our Senior Awards Night. We recognized students who received academic awards, athletic & performing arts accomplishments, College & University scholarships, and scholarships earned for making a difference in our community. Congrats to all the award winners!
MAY | GLC STUDENTS OF THE MONTH
2022 Super Star Seniors
Class of 2022 Senior Breakfast
snow cones for students!
Seniors enjoyed the beauty of the sunset together
Last Friday, the Class of 2022 celebrated the last day of classes with a Senior Sunset! Seniors had a chance to sign yearbooks, read their time capsule notes from Senior Sunrise, play some games, take pics, eat some fantastic food, relax, and watch a movie to cap off the night.
Thank you to Walnut High Community Club for helping coordinate a fantastic night for our Seniors!
Final Class of 2022 Announcements
- LIVE STREAM: Last night, we live streamed the Ceremony. Please CLICK HERE to access the recording of the ceremony. Feel free to share with family and friends.
- DIPLOMA PICK-UP & EXTRA PROGRAMS: If you have not picked up your diploma, feel free to stop by our front office from 8:00 am - 2:00 pm. Starting next week, our front office will be closed on Fridays. We also ordered extra programs if you would like to pick up any additional copies for keepsake.
- PROFESSIONAL STAGE PHOTOS: Grad Images will send a proof of the senior receiving their diploma at commencement approximately one week after the event to the email provided. Submit your email address to www.GradImages.com/Registration or call 1-800-261-2576 if you have not received it by next week.
- GRADUATION PHOTO GALLERY: One of our publications students, Shani Su, captured some great pictures from last night. CLICK HERE to access the photo gallery and feel free to download any pics.
- MOVE YOUR FILES ON GOOGLE DRIVE: Google Takeout will allow you to transfer your Drive to another account. You can start that process by clicking HERE. You can also download all your files using this link, HERE. If you have any questions, please let Mr. Wendland know. Remember that once your account is deleted, we can't recover anything from it. The accounts are usually deleted within a week of graduation.
Second Semester Report Cards
Report cards will be available on June 15! They will be available both digitally and by hard copy. If you would like to check your Spring 2022 semester grades digitally, you may do so through the Aeries portal. If you would like a physical copy of your Spring 2022 report card, please fill out the form below, and you will be contacted via email or phone call when it is available for pick up.
GLC REGISTRATION APPOINTMENTS | DATA CONFIRMATION
Data Confirmation - Through your AERIES Parent Portal account you will be able to finalize parent/guardian information, emergency card information, and registration documents (in lieu of filling out paper forms.) The Aeries Parent Portal will be opening soon for re-registration and verification of continuing students. It is mandatory that all parents/guardians update student, and parent information, emergency card information and registration forms before your student’s summer registration date. Please be on the look out for an email from Dr. Ryan Maine with more information.
SUMMER SCHOOL 2022 UPDATE
CONGRATULATIONS CLASS OF 2022 WHS RETIREES
Our retirees this year are:
Janet Dutton - English Teacher
Pat Collins - Social Science Teacher
Congrats to our 2021-2022 Staff Award Winners
On Wednesday, May 18, we held our last Staff Meeting of the school year. We ended the meeting by giving some year-end awards. Please congratulate our 2021-2022 Walnut High School Staff Award Winners:
- Classified Employee of the Year: Saul Huerta
- Teacher of the Year: Tiffany Redcher
- English, Social Science, CTE Division Teacher of the Year: Janet Dutton
- Math, SPED, and PE Division Teacher of the Year: Jenny Tomlin
- Science, World Languages, & VAPA Division Teacher of the Year: Diana De La Cruz Wilds
- Certificated Mustang of the Year: Joe Khouzam
- Classified Mustang of the Year: Mary Harms
- Support Mustang of the Year: Kelly Kim
- Rookie Mustang of the Year: Cassaundra Montoya
CONGRATS TO OUR GOLDEN MUSTANG AWARD WINNERS
SUMMER REGISTRATION VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!!!
New Bell Schedule for 2022-2023
In 2019, Gov. Gavin Newsom signed Senate Bill 328, which requires high schools next fall to start no earlier than 8:30 a.m. SB 328 is rooted in over three decades of research on teen health, sleep patterns, and brain chemistry. Its goal is to align school start times to support better sleep habits, student health, and performance in school.
Working closely with our staff and the district, we began preparing a plan to minimize disruption to our existing bell schedule and make any operational adjustments (transportation, food service, etc.) to support these changes.
Earlier this month, we finalized our new bell schedule that will go into effect starting next school year. To help you prepare for the changes in our start time and end times, we wanted to give you access to the updated schedule which will go into effect on August 8, 2022.
If you have trouble with the attachments, you can click below to access the files:
- Monday - Friday Bell Schedule
- Detailed Bell Schedule, including Minimum Days, Finals, and Rally Schedule
Thank you for being so understanding, patient, and flexible as we work through another change.
2022 Summer Sports Camp Schedules are out!
VIRTUAL TOUR OF WALNUT HIGH SCHOOL
Never been on our campus? We used a 360-degree camera to help you get familiar with Walnut High School. We encourage you to click on the link, use your computer or mobile device to move around, and see what Walnut High School has to offer. Use this virtual tour to click on photos, learn more information, as well as hear voice-overs from our staff members. Below is a quick overview of our virtual tour and a map of all our scenes.
Our Virtual Tour is located on our webpage under "About Us" if you ever need access for future reference.