MHS 9th,10th & 11th Grade UPDATES
LETS STAY CONNECTED!
- MHS School Counseling website https://www.jefcoed.com/domain/1795
- Remind: JUNIORS: Send the following text to #81010: @mhsjr2021- SOPHOMORES: Send the following text to #81010: @mhsso2022 - FRESHMEN: Send the following text to #81010: @mhsfr2023
- Virtual Meeting- We would love to have a virtual meeting if you would like to discuss college, planning your future, dual enrollment, personal issues, etc! Register here: https://forms.gle/eHQgz6mYSvsVjKps6 **Let us know if you have issues accessing. You may have to use your jefcoed email to sign in.**
- Email: Mr. Jones - email@example.com, Mrs. Goreed - firstname.lastname@example.org, or Mrs. Morton - email@example.com.
- Remember to check your emails and google classrooms for information from your teachers.
Final Grades & Transcripts
ACT Scores/ Test
"If students have an ACT web account, then they should be able to view their scores. If students do not have a web account then they should receive scores in 3-8 weeks if they completed the mailing section during the non-test session. If they did not fill out their mailing address during the non-test session, the school will receive the profile report, but we have not been told when to expect these. You might encourage students in this situation to contact ACT directly."
** ACT Testing will not take resume until June** This is contingent upon the COVID-19 progression or regression. I will keep you posted.
Dual Enrollment 2020-2021 Interest Meeting via Webex!! Mon, April 27th at 11am!!
Meeting Information **ALL JEFCOED students have a Webex account. Just login in with student jefcoed email.**
Meeting link: https://jefcoed.webex.com/jefcoed/j.php?MTID=mb06a029d8294c9f7d301ece634c35dcf
Meeting number: 967.853 493
Host Key: 766797
More ways to join
1. Join by video system
- Dial firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also dial 188.8.131.52 and enter your meeting number.
+1-415-655-0003 United States
Access code: 967 853 493
"Dual Enrollment” is a course taught in high school in conjunction with a college for which students receive both a high school credit and a credit at the college. The college credit may be transferred to another institution. Check individual colleges for their policies on accepting dual enrollment transfer credits. If you have questions concerning “dual enrollment,” contact our Senior Counselor at MHS (Mr. Jones), or Jefferson State Community College, Bevill State or Lawson State Community College.
1. 2.5 GPA (Career Tech Courses Only) ex. AUTO BODY, HVAC, EMS, Childhood Development...and more
2. 3.0 GPA (Academic Courses) ex. Math. Sci. Psychology..and more
3. Must be a current 10th or 11th grade student (there will be some exceptions for current 9th graders)
** Jefferson County is providing a scholarship to cover the cost for up to 3 courses per student** The deadline for submitting names for the scholarship is May 1st! Please note that Dual Enrollment is NOT for everyone! Students must be committed to academic excellence!!
Mid - Week Well-being Check In
Negative emotions like fear, sadness, and anger are a basic part of life and sometimes we struggle with how to deal with them effectively. It can be tempting to act on what you’re feeling right away, but that often doesn’t fix the situation that caused the emotions. In fact, it may lead to more problems to deal with down the road. It is important that we have a “toolbox” full of ways to cope with negative emotions. Take a look at the "I Feel....I Can" graphic below for some "tools" to add to your toolbox.
This article provides healthy and unhealthy ways of managing negative emotions. Check it out! https://www.mhanational.org/helpful-vs-harmful-ways-manage-emotions
I FEEL I CAN...
COLLEGE AND CAREER INTEREST
- Take this free, easy, short, but insightful, career inventory and then see if you would be interested in those careers by researching them. https://jeffersonstate.emsicc.com/?radius=®ion=Jefferson%20State
- Research colleges. "Big Future" is full of information on choosing a college, researching colleges, finding scholarships, etc. They even have a scholarship you can sign up for and you can be entered to win scholarships by completing the "to do" list. https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/
- Alabama college recruiters are going to do several "Virtual College Panels" for students to join and learn more about the college admissions' process. Click the link for dates, times, and to join!