Holy Trinity Catholic School
Home of the Saints - October 14, 2015
From the Principal's Desk:
Parent Teacher Conferences:
We are looking forward to meeting with parents on Monday and Tuesday next week. You should have received your conference times in last week's purple folders. If you have misplaced your time, please reach out to your child's teacher to confirm your conference. Thank you!
Picture Order Forms:
Picture order forms are included in the purple folder this evening. Interstate Studios will be our school picture and yearbook provider for this year. The process is slightly different than in previous years, as you will be pre-ordering pictures. This means that you will select your package and include payment up-front. The photographers will take the pictures and check them immediately on the screen for quality until they have a good shot. You will then receive the picture package you ordered. If you are not happy with the pictures, you may have a retake done at no charge. The yearbook is not included with the picture package. Rather, they will be ordered at a later point in time and will be full color throughout.
As part of the Diocesan and School Accreditation Process, we are asking that ONE parent from EACH family take a few minutes to complete a brief survey regarding our school. This survey is online and is open for your participation beginning today through October 30th. The link can be found on this newsletter. Please select the FIRST Holy Trinity Catholic School listing in the drop down menu. As the results are used to help analyze areas where we are excelling, as well as opportunities for growth, your participation is extremely important and valued. Thank you in advance!
The last day for shorts for ALL students is this Friday, October 16th.
ALL fundraiser money is required to be turned in by Monday, October 19th. Thank you for your assistance with getting this turned in on time. On a side note, if anyone has had the unfortunate luck to break a tumbler or water bottle, we ask that you bring the broken item to one of the school campuses. We have been in contact with Paragon, and they will replace the item as long as the broken one has been turned in.
Next week, October 21st, we will not have a purple folder due to Fall Break on Thursday, Oct 22nd and Friday, Oct 23rd.
From the Assistant Principal's Desk:
As you can imagine, the transportation of 477 students is a difficult task. We want to ensure that students are getting to and from school as safely as possible each day, and we ask that you join us in this effort. A few things:
- If your son/daughter shuttles from Central Campus to East Campus in the morning, please drop off at the main doors by the fountain ONLY. This is the procedure that has been chosen as the safest method. The doors unlock right at 7:10. Students should be in the gym and ready to board the bus by 7:15.
- Many thanks to those parents who e-mail the teachers and myself when there are changes in transportation. If this is not the process you have used, please be sure to e-mail your child's teacher, as well as me (email@example.com), to notify us of this change. In this, we will know exactly where students are supposed to be at all times.
As has been presented, the Diocesan Open House is Thursday, October 29, from 4:00-6:00 at all three campuses. In this, we are asking for a few families to be present as we welcome prospective families at each of our buildings. If you would like to volunteer for this event, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know of your interest. Service hours will be granted to those who help. Thank you advance to all of those who are willing to help us promote this wonderful school!
- The Golden Jubilee Mass, which celebrates couples married 50+ years, and celebrated by Bishop Thompson is taking place at St. Joseph Church on Sunday, October 18th. There is a reception following at 2:00pm in the Parish Center, where 15-20 volunteers are needed to help serve drinks. This is a great way to involve students and parents alike, knock out service hours, and be inspired by these couples who have made it through 50 years together! Please contact Jane Gehlhausen at email@example.com if you are able to help serve.
- We will have our annual height and weight checks for students at the Central Campus on Tuesday, November 10th from 8:45-11:30am. In order to make this run smoothly, we are in need of 4 volunteers to help with these checks. If you can help, please contact Ms. Staci Zehr at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-482-4461.
- The Southwestern Indiana Child Advocacy Center Coalition is having a 5K run/walk at Lincoln State Park, Saturday, Oct 17th. Following the race, there will be kids activities, hayrides, pumpkin bowling, and other fun fall festivities. Anyone interested in volunteering to help with the kids activities should contact Tammy Lampert at email@example.com.
Paint Your Own Pottery
Saturday, Nov. 21st, 9am-3pm
Holy Trinity Catholic School - West Campus 2829 N. 500 W. Ireland, IN
A Note from PTA and SCRIP:
- We are happy to welcome a new local vendor to our Scrip program - Komfortabel Haus. They are located in the Southgate Shopping Center between the Flower Stall and Fullnet, just down from Grounded. They provide home furnishings, décor & gifts. These gift certificates can be purchased at an exceptional profit of 15%! We will be carrying $25 gift certificates for now.
- The PTA is coordinating a carry-in for the teachers and staff who will be spending their Parent/Teacher Conference evenings at school on Monday, Oct. 19 and Tuesday, Oct. 20. If you can help on either or both of those days, please contact Krista Seger (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mary Ramirez (email@example.com). We're looking for soups, salads, and desserts to be in the respective teacher lounges from 4:30-5:30 on both days.