Finding Gratitude In all Things!
How easily we forget once we have received the very thing we prayed for! Being grateful takes effort...it takes willingness on our parts to look at the GOOD and not concentrate on the bad. And in a world full of pain, anger, hurt that is hard to do. In a world where social media so easily allows us to blast each other and judge one another, how easy it is to forget all the good.
But if we pause...especially in this month of Thankfulness...to see the good and look past the bad....how transforming can that be.....
Have a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving. While we celebrate this holiday, here are a few things to be grateful for:
1. Food to eat.
2. A warm bed to wake up in.
3. Clothes to keep us warm.
4. Family to love us no matter what.
5. Community to pray with us and LIFT us up, not tear us down.
6. Our Faith
7. Our clergy
9. To be able to start each day in prayer
10. A safe place to attend school
11. Our health, even when we battle illness
12. Friends to hold us accountable.
UPCOMING EVENTS November 11-21
Nov. 11 - 15 - Corporal Works of Mercy Service Canned Food Drive
Nov. 14 - Cheer Practice 3:00 - 4:30 PM; Informational School Board Meeting Kukral Gym 7pm
Nov. 15 - Canned food drive ends at noon and ABSOLUTE last day to pay for Thanksgiving Feast tickets by 3PM.
Nov. 18 - JV Girls' Basketball vs. St. Rose of Lima at St. Rose of Lima @ 4:30 (double-header)
JV Boys' Basketball vs. St. Rose of Lima at St. Rose of Lima @ 5:30 (double-header)
Varsity Boys' Basketball vs. Mt. Carmel at Mt. Carmel @ 5:30
Cheer only at 5:30 game (call time 5:00/dismissal time 6:00)
Nov. 19 - Cheer & Spirit Squad Practice 3:00 - 4:30 PM
Nov. 20 - JV Boys' Basketball vs. Holy Rosary at Fatima @ 4:30 PM
Varsity Boys' Basketball vs. Holy Rosary at Fatima @ 5:30 PM
Nov. 21 - Thanksgiving Feast Day Lunch at 11:00 for Pre-K - 1st and 11:20 for 2nd - 8th
PTL Out of Uniform Dress Pass #3; NO Extended Day - ALL Scholars to be picked up at 3:00 PM; Permission slips for Texas City Christmas parade due TODAY!
JV Girls' Basketball vs. Sacred Heart - Crosby at Fatima @ 4:30 PM
Nov. 22 - No school--1st Day of Thanksgiving Break!
Thanksgiving Feast Deadline
Thanksgiving Feast Information
Thursday, November 21st - Thanksgiving Feast Information
- Meals are pre-sale only. We are unable to sell any meals the day of the Feast.
- Pre-K - 1st will begin lunch at 11:00 AM
- 2nd - 8th will begin lunch at 11:20 AM
- If families have scholars in more than one lunch time than you will eat together at the 11:20 lunch. (please notify teachers by email so younger siblings will be ready)
- Parents can begin checking in at the main office starting at 10:30 on Feast Day.
- Please bring desserts to the front office Monday, November 18 - Wednesday, November 20.
- Requested items are individually wrapped pie slices, bagged cookies, etc.
- There will be NO extended day. ALL scholars must be picked up by 3:00 PM.
- Parents are welcome to check scholars out after lunch. Afternoon absence on this day will not count against their attendance.
Thank You Knights of Columbus
Christmas Parade - Old Fashioned Christmas
City of Texas City Old Fashioned Christmas parade will be on Thursday, December 5th. Permission slips are being sent home with your scholar on Tuesday, November 12th. We will have three floats in the parade this year (1) Cheerleaders (attire to be decided by coaches), (2) Varsity Athletes in Jersey and Jeans, (3) Fatima Scholars. Scholars will need to wear a FATIMA SPIRIT shirt and JEANS with Christmas accessories (ie: Santa hat, reindeer antlers, etc.)
Parents who are sports coaches will be allowed to ride floats with athletes if there is room; Fatima parents are NOT allowed to ride the floats. Parents are allowed to walk beside the floats for safety, but please let us know ahead of time.
Please see attachment for further details and permission slip.
Our Lady of Fatima Christmas Program December 19th 6:00-7:30
All scholars in grades PK - 3rd will be performing a Christmas song selection. Drama Club members and scholars in grades 4 - 8th will be performing a play and singing in the choir.
Mark your calendars and be on the look-out for more information after Thanksgiving break!