Chapman Chargers Update
Good Afternoon Chapman Families!
The Valentine's Party is POSTPONED! PTO is looking to reschedule. More information on this will be coming your way soon!
Coffee with the Principal will be this Thursday at 9 AM in the staff lounge. Please make sure you still sign-in in the office.
Kids Heart Challenge (formally Jump rope for Heart) started 2/11/19. Contact Mrs. Kozicki for more information.
Here is an update from Mrs. Kozicki:
Kids Heart Challenge Update!!
1. We have extended the deadline to turn in envelopes and receive donations online to Feb. 22nd. We wanted to give everyone the opportunity to raise money and with the snow/cold/ice days, I wasn't able to present the kickoff video to all of the classes when I wanted to.
2. Chapman participated in the Cold Day Challenge and tried to raise the most money online from last Thursday to Monday as compared with the other schools in our area. I am excited to say that WE WON!! We will receive $50 in PE equipment and the students will be getting a surprise sometime next week.
Thank you all for your support of the American Heart Association!
There will be a youth baseball clinic on Saturday, March 16th hosted by Carlson HS Baseball coaching staff and team. Please see flyer below for more information.
* If your child is registered at Champions, they have a snow day option! Please contact them for more information.
* Starting Monday 1/28/19, Champions will be starting a Sewing Club! ANY student can sign up for this club. Contact Champions for more information.
* Starting Friday 2/1/19, Champions will be starting a Science Club! Again, any student can sign up for this club through Champions!
Call Champions at (734) 379-6383 for more information.
February food menu is attached at the bottom of the newsletter!
* Please make sure that all students have coats (Boots and Snow pants too!) when they come to school! We are in that transition of cold weather and I would hate to have students miss a needed recess because they are not dressed appropriately. If your child is in need of a coat, please contact me and I will make sure that they have one. It is also a good idea to pack extra socks and an extra set of clothes in backpacks in case students get wet playing in the snow.
This Week's Schedule:
Running Club 8 AM
PTO Meeting 6 PM
Running Club Make Up Day
Running Club 8 AM
Coffee with the Principal 9-10 AM
Happy Valentines Day!
Half Day for students
No School- Mid-Winter Break
Please be patient and pull as far forward as possible in the carpool line. BOTH doors are open for students to enter the building. Please remember for your safety and the safety of the students to please only get out on the curb side of the car. If you have to get out of the car for any reason please park in the parking lot to do so. Please stay in line in carpool and do not cut around. This is for the safety of the families that are crossing the carpool lane. I appreciate all the great work and how smoothly the morning drop off procedures are going! Well done!
* Watchdogs are up and running! If you would like to volunteer to be a Watchdog, please go to this link to sign up! Thank you in advance to all of our Watchdogs!
* It is that time a year where we have to be very careful about sending our students to school when they are not feeling well. Remember that students should be fever free for at least 24 hours before returning to school. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us and we can help in making a decision.
* Please like our Facebook page Chapman Elementary (SEARCH FOR @GSDChapman on Facebook or follow this link https://www.facebook.com/pg/GSDChapman/services/?ref=page_internal ) and follow us on Twitter @guizzettil and #GSDChapman. This is a great way to stay informed of school happenings throughout the year.
Count On Me,
Principal, Chapman Elementary