CMS Weekly Update:
October 28th 2022
Grade 8 Field Trip to Boston Museam of Science
Having fun in Art Class
Student Travel Program
Please join us at Wamsutta Middle School on October 26th at 6:30 pm to learn more about the Middle School International Travel Program and our currently scheduled tour of Italy and Greece, April 12-21, 2024. During the year the trip is run (the school year 2023-2024), if your child is in grades 6-8, s/he is eligible. Parents, you may register and join your child in the program as well! Hope to see you there 🙂
You can preview the upcoming itinerary here:
Explorica Educational Tours - Login to your Explorica account to modify educational travel price quotes, view and update your Tour Center, make payments, and more.
Late Busses and Afterschool Activities
For those wishing to participate in afterschool activities, these clubs will run on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:20 to 3:30. Students will get the opportunity to sign up the day before in the cafeteria.
For those students that need a late bus to get home please make sure that you are aware of the following:
- Late busses only run on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Only students that are registered and assigned to a bus are eligible for a late bus.
- Late Bus stops are different than regular stops. Students will be notified next week of what stop they are assigned.
- Late bus students are picked up at 4:00 PM
PTO is looking for Volunteers
Link to sign-up form: https://tinyurl.com/yc7s949n
Volunteer/Committee Chair jobs open:
- Color Run (Now - May/June): Major fun run fundraiser/field day in late Spring. The basic structure is already in place.
- Grant writing (Now - 10/15): Write up grant request to Attleboro Cultural Council to fund 5th grade Spring programs. A previous grant writer can help guide the process.
- Cougar Gear/ Spirit wear (Sept-Oct & April-May): Coordinate orders, payments, printing, and distribution of clothes w/cougar logo
- Wreath Fundraiser (late Oct-early Dec): Coordinate orders, payments, and distribution of holiday wreaths
- Gift Card Fundraiser (Nov-Dec): Coordinate RaiseRight gift card orders, payment, and distribution for the holiday season. Online sales can be promoted year-round, with other options for expansion.
- PE Fundraiser: Working w/PE dept & student PE leaders to raise funds for PE dept. In the past, this has been a Student-Faculty basketball game in March, but there are options. Other events and fundraisers.
- Volunteer/Committee Chair jobs currently chaired (but can still use help): Restaurant/FUNdraisers (monthly): Getting fundraising nights set up with local restaurants.
- Yearbooks (now-Feb): Laying out and editing the yearbook.
- Book fair (Sept, Feb, May): Organizing and running 3 Scholastic book fairs.
- Staff Appreciation (May): A week of spoiling the staff that teaches and takes care of our students.
Access your account for ASPEN
Just so that you are aware, the expectation for updating grades in Aspen is every two weeks.
If you need your Aspen password reset, please follow the directions on this page.
You can also fill out the ASPEN username/password form and an email will be sent to you
- October 31st: Halloween/Costume Day: NO MASKS that fully cover the face or mock weapons: All costumes must follow the district dress code policy.
- Nov. 7th: Veteran's Day Assembly
- Nov. 8th: No school PD day
- Nov 11th: No School: Veteran's Day
All APS Community Fliers can be found within the Welcome Center website. To view this week’s fliers, including information from throughout Attleboro please visit the Welcome Center webpage or click here for current fliers.