Morgan McCarty, Journey To Careers
Women Who Changed the Cyber/STEM World
Jane Goodall (STEM)
- Jane and her sister Judy share the same birthday although they are 4 years apart.
- She had a life size stuffed chimpanzee toy when she was little which started her fascination with the animal.
Margaret Hamilton (STEM)
Wednesday, May 16th 198 at 9pm to Thursday, May 16th 1985 at 12am
Cleveland, OH, United States
2. Her first job was a kindergarten teacher.
Megan Smith (cyber)
2. Smith co-hosts Google's Solve for X think tank.
In 2014, she became both the first woman and the first Iranian honored with the Fields Medal, the most prestigious award in mathematics. The award committee cited her work in understanding the symmetry of curved surfaces. Her research topics include Teichmuller Theory, hyperbolic geometry, ergodic theory, and symplectic geometry.
2. She was awarded the Fields Medal in 2014