Cuyler Weekly Update
October 14th, 2016
Reflections and Reminders
October is also National Bullying Prevention Month. Next week, I would like to do a few things to bring attention to the importance of kindness and inclusion:
- Project Connect: On Monday, I will place orange slips of construction paper in your mailboxes. Please have your students write one thing they do show kindness to their classmates or how they help make their school a safer place for their peers. From your slips, create a paper chain and bring it to the office by Wednesday afternoon. We will connect all of the paper chains and hang them in the main hallway to show how our building is united against bullying.
- Wednesday, October 19th is Unity Day. We will encourage students (and staff!) to wear orange to unite for kindness, acceptance and inclusion.
- On Friday, I would encourage anyone who has a Bucket Filler T-Shirt to wear your t-shirt.
Coming Up Next Week
Monday - Leadership Meeting - Library
Tuesday - Reading Collaboration - 4th Grade - D17 (P. Boldt's room)
Wednesday - TCIS/Counselor Meeting - S. Boogard's room
Thursday - Reading Collaboration - 5th Grade - D04 (H. Bibee's room)
- Unity Day - Wear orange to unite against bullying
- Vision Screening by the Lions and Lioness Clubs
Thursday - PTA Meeting @ 4:00 PM - Library