The Compass Notes
Compass Elementary Parent Newsletter
February 19th, 2021
In This Edition:
- APEX Fundraising
- Pet Photo Contest
- Black History Month
- Parent Teacher Conference Information- 2/24/21
- April 21 Ballot Issue Informational Meetings
- Kindergarten Kickoff Update
- Car Rider Dismissal Tag Number Rotations
- Dates To Know (Calendar Events)
APEX IS COMING!!!
Pet Photo Contest!!!
We have had such a great turn out with this. Winners will be announced at the beginning of next week, and pictures posted as well!
Black History Month Activities
February is here and we are celebrating Black History Month at Compass. We have planned some educational activities for our students throughout the month to honor this time:
- Black History Month Bingo will take place throughout the month. Our office will read clues each morning throughout the month regarding historical black figures, or historical moments in black history. The first three classrooms that achieve BINGO will get popcorn the week of 2/22-2/26.
- Friday (2/19/21)- Students will watch a video. The video will be of an interview with Jamie Grayson. Jamie is the founder and executive director of POAC Succeed. (People of All Colors Succeed)
- Week of (2/19/21)- Students will take some time to learn about the American Jazz Museum located in Kansas City, MO. Teachers will lead students through activities to educate them on the history of this musical genre and its roots in black history.
- Friday (2/26/21)- We are trying to collaborate with our Step Dance Team at Barry School with the hopes of being able to show students a step dance performance, along with a brief narrative on the history of Step Dance.
P/T Conference Information- 2/24/21
April 2021 Ballot Issue Informational Meetings
The District will be holding the following informational meetings for residents to learn more and ask questions about the April 6, 2021 No Tax Levy Increase Bond Issue. Visit our April 2021 Bond Program pages to learn more.
- February 23, 6:30pm, PCHS Wilson Auditorium
- March 4, 6:30pm, Pathfinder Gym
- March 31, 6:30pm, virtual
Kindergarten Kickoff 2021-2022
If your family has an incoming kindergartner, please complete the following form. We will send you an enrollment packet and then will contact you to sign up for your child's Kindergarten Kickoff time.
IMPORTANT REMINDER FOR ALL CAR RIDERS. Dismissal Process- Rotation of Car Tag Numbers
We have noticed the car rider line beginning to back up into the round-a-bout on Kentucky Ave. Please note your assigned time below to help spread out the amount of cars in line during our dismissal process. As always, thanks for your help with this process!
The following will be the schedule for Third Quarter: (February & March)
- Families with car rider tags 71-105 arrive at Compass no earlier than 3:35 pm.
- Families with car rider tags numbered higher than 105 arrive at Compass no earlier than 3:40 pm.
- Families with car rider tags 1-35 arrive at Compass no earlier than 3:45 pm.
- Families with car rider tags 36-70 arrive at Compass no earlier than 3:50 pm.
Dates to Know
- Black History Month
- Early Release- 1:50 pm
- P/T Conferences- 2:30-7:30 pm
February 22-March 5 - APEX Fundraiser
- PTA Meeting- 6:30 pm
- PLC Early Release- 1:50 pm
- Board of Education Meeting- 6:30 pm
- End of 3rd Quarter
The District, as well as Compass Elementary, uses text messaging and automated phone calls to notify parents of upcoming events and days off, school closings due to weather, and emergency situations.
Newly enrolled families will automatically receive an opt-in message from 67587. If you missed it, simply text "Yes" to 67587 to receive these text messages.
Thanks To Our Pirates R.O.C.K. Business Partners!
Compass Elementary School Office Hours and Arrival/Dismissal Times
8:30-Students can enter the building
8:50-Official start time for the school day
3:35-Dismissal Processes Begin
3:50-Official End of School Day
4:15-Front Office closes