Photosynthesis Smore project
My name is Julian Perez and today i'm going to show you a presentation of how photosynthesis works and what is photosynthesis.
What is photosynthesis
Photosynthesis is the process in which green plants and other organisms use sunlight to make foods from carbon dioxide and water. It also involves the green pigment chlorophyll and generates oxygen as a byproduct.
How photosynthesis works
- 1,Chlorophyll is the main part why plants are green. 2.Chlorophyll captures the suns energy and uses it to make sugars out of carbon dioxide from water and air. 3.The sugars fuel every part of the plant such as roots, stems, and leaves so it can grow.
- Without chlorophyll plants wouldn't be green.
- Since there wouldn't be chlorophyll what would capture the suns energy and make it into sugar.
- Without sugar the plant wouldn't grow.
Chloroplasts is what produces the food in the cell. The organelles are only found in plant cells and some of them exist in algae.
1. http://www.biology4kids.com/files/cell_chloroplast.html (websites)
3. http://www.youtube.com/v/Y6tjGbBJW3g (video)