News from the Lancaster County School District, Nov. 2022
Lancaster County Community,
We are embarking upon the season of thanks. I will take this opportunity to thank you, our community, for always being willing to help wherever you are needed. Whether it be volunteering in our schools, donating items for those in need or just sending notes of encouragement to our staff, you are always stepping to the plate. We couldn't do what we do without YOU!
I appreciate everyone who took time out to send an encouraging note of thanks to our principals the month of October. Thank you!
Dr. Jonathan Phipps
LCSD Board of Trustees
This morning the Lancaster County Board of Elections certified the election of three new members, and the re-election of one member, to the Lancaster County School Board of Trustees.
Eddie Boykin in District 1
Courtney Green in District 3
Casey Cato in District 5
Melvin Stroble in District 7
These newly elected Board members will be sworn in just prior to the regularly scheduled Board meeting on Tuesday, November 15 at 6:00pm. Once sworn in, the Board will then nominate and elect the new 2023 Board Chair, 2023 Board Vice Chair, and 2023 Board Secretary during Open Session.
We welcome our newest Board members and we look forward to a productive year ahead serving the children of Lancaster County.
Click on the link below to see a video honoring LCSD staff veterans!
Red Ribbon Week
- Wear red - I am RED-y to show the world that drug free looks good on me
- Wear pajamas - Follow your dreams, don't do drugs
- Wear camouflage - Drugs can't find us
- Wear bright colors - My future is bright
- Book character day - Making good choices builds character
- Dress like twins - Good friends help make wise decisions
Check out the district photo album on our facebook page here.
School Psychology Week
Tara Adams, Kelsey Allen, Gina Baker, Brittany Blackmon, Jerry Fishman, Kennedy Hall, Shannon Hawley, Mary Kennington, Brandy Kerwin, Lisa Lichfield, Teresa Mabry-Crawford, Kimberly Schuelke, Tracey Snipes-Purser, Lauren Thomas and Nicole Weston
Thank you for all you do! We appreciate you!
LCSD Parent Workshops
Monday, December 12
Tuesday, December 13
For more information, contact LCSD Elementary Instruction at 803-416-8833.
IL- Area Growth Meeting
Join us for a discussion on growth in the Indian Land area on Thursday, November 17 at 7pm at Indian Land Elementary School.
Bryan Vaughn, Director of Safety & Communications, will be available to discuss school growth concerns, building schools, funding options for facilities, attendance lines and more.
The public is invited to attend.
American Legion Teacher of the Year
LCSD Hall of Fame
The criteria for selection:
- Nominees may be a former teacher, administrator, Board member or community member (civic leader, politician or friend of education).
- A deceased person can be nominated/selected.
- No more than two inductees are allowed each year.
- Inductees from the teacher, administrator or Board member categories must have completed their educational careers in Lancaster County and cannot be inducted into the Hall of Fame until the year after their service ended.
- Nominees not selected will be left in the nominee pool for two years.
- Nominations are accepted from students, educators and the community at- large.
Timeline for Selection:
- Deadline for nominations is Friday, February 3.
- Selection committee meets before April 14 to select inductees
To submit a Hall of Fame nomination, you can choose from one of two options:
- Online Hall of Fame Nomination Form
- Print and fill out this nomination form (hard copies may be picked up at the District office) and mail it to:
Hall of Fame
Lancaster County School District
300 South Catawba Street
Lancaster, SC 29720
We see you!
We see you in your Building Construction class at Indian Land High School Mark Bonda!
You guys are doing an amazing job- designing, painting, welding, building! These students even made a tiny camper from the ground up and a BARN! Watch the video by clicking on the link below.
Click this link to submit an #lcsdspotlight of your own: #lcsdspotlight link
See the most recent #lcsdspotlight(s) below:
November 23-25: Thanksgiving Break (November 23 is a Teacher Workday/comp day for conferences; offices are open)
December 1: R3 high school report cards issued
December 20: Exams; No extracurricular activities
December 21: Exams; No extracurricular activities; R2 elementary/middle school reporting period ends; R4 high school reporting period ends; 1st semester ends; Early dismissal
December 22 - January 3: Winter break - schools and offices closed (January 3 is a 1/2 teacher workday; offices are open)
Have you ever thought about working for Lancaster County School District? We are always in need of great teachers! But not all of our school openings require an education degree. We have openings for substitute teachers, bus drivers, 29 hour assistants and cafeteria staffers! Check out all our job openings by clicking the link below:
Got Feedback about the monthly community newsletter? We want to hear from you! Please fill out the feedback form below and let us know! #LCSDcommunications