Panther Pride Press
Week of Monday, November 30th, 2020
11/30 - 12/14 - Panthers Helping Panthers food drive
12/9 - Picture Day Retakes - Cohort B
12/10 - Picture Day Retakes - Cohort A
12/15 - PTC Take-out fundraiser at Chipotle on Commons Drive from 3-9
12/21 - 1/4 - Winter Break
Happy Retirement, Ms. Murphy!
Thank you for all of you who drove through or popped in the office to wish Ms. Murphy a happy retirement. After 30 years on the Parker Whitney campus, her presence will be greatly missed! With great love and appreciation for all you have done for our families over the year, Happy Retirement!
December 1st is her last day on campus if you want to say goodbye.
Colored Tiers and School Closing Questions
New Tier: On November 16, Placer County moved back to the “widespread” Purple Tier of California’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy. Our schools will remain open and are not affected.
School closures are not tied to the county tier level - Purple, Red, Orange, Yellow. Guidance from the California Health Department stated that once school districts are open, the county tier level is irrelevant to them staying open. The factors that would close a school are a positive case rate of greater than 5% for staff and students and/or the closure of multiple cohorts or classes due to positive cases. This decision would be made in consultation with the Placer County Health Department. At a higher level, RUSD would close only if 25% of the schools were closed and again, in consultation with the Placer County Health Department
Schools and COVID Cases: According to Placer County Public Health, cases in schools have remained relatively contained and in-person instruction is not currently considered a driving factor in recent case increases. Health officials maintain household transmission and social gatherings have been key drivers of transmission. As such, public health officials are urging residents to use many of the same precautions that have been in use in public venues for the duration of the pandemic.
Report Cards and Aeries Parent Portal
Drop off and Pick up Reminders - Safety Please!
These safety measures and protocols are in effect from 7:55 AM to 4 PM everyday.
- Follow the instructions of the staff who are tasked with keeping everyone safe.
- Do not walk through the parking lot. Walk only on sidewalks and use crosswalks to cross driveways and streets.
- Do not park in the staff parking lot. The parking lot is for staff, buses, and disabled parking only
- The white curb on Topaz (closest to the parking lot) is for loading and unloading only. The driver must remain in the vehicle and pull forward as other vehicles leave.
- Parking is allowed on the opposite side of Topaz and in the church parking lot.
- No U-turns on Topaz between the church parking lot and Plumbago.
PTC General Meetings - Join us virtually!
ZOOM ID: 641 886 7308