November 22, 2019
Congratulations to this week's STING ticket winners!
Morning Arrival Reminders
Parents, please take a moment to read the reminders below, as they pertain to student safety as well as procedures.
- Only use the parking spots if you have items to bring into the office. Parents parking and walking their students across the lot holds up the car line and creates more traffic. Additionally, parents walking their students across the lot has created a safety issue, as cars are constantly moving. Parking spaces are needed by those who are visiting the school, have appointments, etc.
- Drop off at the middle school ends at 7:30. If you arrive after 7:30, you will need to use the GHES car line.
- Please ensure that students exit the vehicles on the side closest to the building. This is for their safety.
- Students who arrive after 7:35 will need to be signed in at the front office.
From the PTO
- Join us for Spirit Night on Saturday December 14th! We will have Mr. Morgan and the GHES Chorus performing God Bless America!
- High Five: 10 lucky students and 1-2 chaperones can participate. This will take place during our 1st Intermission.
- Chuck-a-puck: 8-10 students can participate and go on the ice to pick up pucks off the ice!
For both the High Five and Chuck-a-puck, that students will be picked randomly the day before the event from the list of participants. So make sure to get your tickets early.
Hornets Helping the Community
For the holidays this year, GHES will be partnering with local community organizations to give GHES students and families in need an extra special holiday season. We are asking that members of our school community to please donate an unwrapped present from the attached list (see photo below). These presents will be delivered to Christmas Village. Please drop off presents to the main office no later than December 4th. Thank you and have a wonderful holiday season!
Calling all volunteers! 🎁 The PTO is going to have the annual Holiday Shop December 3-6. We are requesting helpers for various times and dates. Please visit the PTO website under “volunteers” to find the sign up link. We appreciate any and all help you can offer. If you know when your child’s class is shopping, please do not volunteer for that time. The kids LOVE to keep their gifts surprise!