By: Sarah D.
Finnish Spitz Dog
This is the Finnish Spitz dog that came from Finland.
This is Finnish cheese.
Here is a picture of some Finnish Siblings in a family photo.
3-5 additional facts
~ Most Finn's took third class on the steamship while immigrating to America.
~ On the day of the Titanic, 63 Finnish people were on that ship and only 20 of them survived.
There were also Finnish cats.
These are the Finnish Flags.
This is what Finnish people love to use. It's one if their traditions.
A Tradition They Brought To America
Recipe For Finnish Cheese
- Two gallons of milk
- Three tablespoons of cornstarch
- Three tablespoons of sugar
- One teaspoon of rennet
- Heat milk to 90* then add salt, sugar, cornstarch and rennet.
- Then, remove from heat.
- Then, let it set until it is gelled.
- When it has set, cut it in x's with a spoon until the consistency of cottage cheese.
- After cutting it, let it sit for another 30 minutes until they mat together at the bottom of the pot.
- Drain off they whey.
- Place the curd into a 10 by 12 cake pan, then broil until it has browned.
- Remove and cool it enough to flip the curd over.
- Once you have flipped it over, spread a little butter and lightly salt it.
- Last, broil it again until browned.