UES Information and Updates #2!
UES Important Dates:
- October 18-22 - UES Celebrates Week of Respect and Violence Awareness
- October 18-22 - Home and School Book Fair
- October 22 - School Spirit Day - Crazy Socks Day - "Be ReSOCKful"
- October 29 - UES Celebrates Halloween - Early Dismissal Day
- November 2 - Election Day - Regular School Day
- November 2 - Project Democracy - UES Votes for Favorite Bookmark
- November 4 & 5 - NJEA Teachers Convention - Schools Closed
- November 11 - End of UES Marking Period 1
- November 12 - UES Make-up Picture Day
- November 17 - UES Report Cards available in Genesis after 3:00 PM
- November 17,18,22 & 23 - Parent-Teacher Conferences
- November 17-25 - Early Dismissal Days for Students
- November 25 & 26 - Schools Closed for Thanksgiving Break
UES Celebrates SOCKTOBER!
Our Annual SOCKTOBER Service Project is well underway! Our goal is to exceed 1000 pairs of socks! All socks will be donated to Joseph's House of Camden. Socks may be dropped off in the main lobby each day through October 28! Thank you for helping our Undeniably Excellent Students help others this winter with a warm pair of socks!
Halloween at UES - October 29!
We look forward to celebrating Halloween 2021 on October 29, 2021! The UES will not have "traditional" Halloween celebrations this year, but each class will celebrate Halloween with themed lessons, costumes, and some fun activities. All students are invited to wear their Halloween costumes on Friday, October 29. Thank you in advance for helping your child choose a comfortable and school-appropriate costume (no Violence or gore, no Weapons, adhere's to dress code, shoes must be worn, COVID face masks must be worn).
Annual Bookmark Contest & Project Democracy
Each year the UES holds a Bookmark contest to go along with our Read It Forward book and Project Democracy. This year's contest is underway! All UES students are invited to create a bookmark using the themes from The Season of Styx Malone (forms are available in the Media Center). One finalist will be selected from each grade and on Election Day, November 2, all UES students will vote for their favorite bookmark. All UES students and staff will receive a copy of the winning bookmark! The bookmark designs look great this year! Keep them coming! (See previous winners in photo.)
Parent Teacher Conferences - November 17-23
All UES Parent-Teacher Conferences will be held virtually this year via ZOOM or Google Meet. Your child's teacher(s) will communicate with you regarding scheduling a conference and the format.
- Parents, don't forget you can report a child's absence by clicking on the NURSE link on the UES website under Quick Links! NURSE LINK
- Only students who are on official quarantine from school due to COVID are permitted to join lessons remotely. Non-quarantine absences follow our attendance policy for student work.
- Visitors will not be permitted to enter the UES at this time. Thank you for your understanding.
- Please make sure your child has all items needed for school. We need to limit items being dropped off during the school day.
- Please make sure your child has a spare mask in his/her backpack. You'd be surprised how often a spare mask is needed!
- Smart Watches are not permitted at the UES. Please leave them at home!
- Please make sure your child charges his/her laptop each night!
UES Is a Character Strong School
We are excited that we will be utilizing an SEL program this year called Character Strong. Through the Character Strong curriculum we will focus on the SEL competencies of self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision making, and character development skills of patience, kindness, honesty, respect, selflessness, forgiveness, commitment, and humility. Our students in grades 4 and 5 will participate in Character Strong's program titled Purposeful People. Our grade 6 students will participate in Character Strong's Middle School SEL program. Character Strong will be utilized during Morning Meeting time each day and will be infused through daily and school-wide lessons and activities. We will continue to share more information regarding Character Strong as we move through the school year.