Amana 5th grade Newsletter
Ms. Hess and Mrs. Baxter
Class News 4 - 8 - 2016
Thank you so much to the PTO for purchasing the Walking Classroom for us! This spectacular tool will allow us to take walks while learning for happy healthy kids and brains.
However, we would strongly encourage that your student has their own ear buds for sanitation reasons. Ask your student how the first two lessons went.
Iowa Assessments are done (unless your student was absent)! All students worked so hard and we are so proud of them!
Our trip to the Capitol and the Museum is next Friday, April 15th. We will leave at around 8:30am. This day all students will need to have a sack lunch. We will not be getting back from the trip until about 4:30pm. Please arrange your ride ahead.
Please see the stapled packet of field trip information as well as the invitation to the 5th Grade Celebration in your child's Friday Folder. These documents have also been attached electronically.
Science: I can investigate how and why shadows change throughout the day and what can be learned by observing shadows.
Reading: I can take Iowa Assessments and rock the test!
Writing: I can write to persuade using STRONG reasons.
Wanted: A Summer Vacation for Oreo
- Monday 4/11/16 PTO meeting at 6:30pm
- Monday-Friday April 11-15th- Iowa Assessment make-ups
- Monday 4/11/16 Olympian Archer presentation in the afternoon
- M-F 4/11 to 4/15 Scholastic Book Fair in the library
- Friday 4/15/16 - Trip to the Capitol and Historical Museum Sack lunch required
- Friday 4/15/16 - AES Folk dance at 6:30 pm and night of Scholastic Book fair
- 5/6/16 - Track and Field Day-(Volunteers needed; see below)
-Rain date is 5/9 SACK LUNCH REQUIRED
- 5/12/16 - Step Up Day -Visit to Middle School in the morning
- 5/13/16 - RSVP for 5th Grade Celebration due
- 5/20/16 - 5th Grade Celebration - 5pm - 7pm
- 5/26/16 - Fish Iowa all day trip Sack lunch required