Aug. 28 - Sept. 1, 2017
During our Math lessons this week, we will again cover rounding. Monday, we will round to the nearest 100. Tuesday, we'll round 3 digit numbers to the nearest ten. Wednesday, the students will round 3 digit numbers to both the nearest ten & hundred. Thursday & Friday, we will solve 2 digit & 3 digit addition problems with carrying.
This week, we will continue our mini-lessons about fluency. We will first discuss various strategies to help us improve our accuracy. Then, we'll learn ideas to help with our phrasing. Last, the students will read a passage, record their voice, listen & critique their reading, and reread to improve their phrasing. The students will also be taking the I-Ready Reading Diagnostic Test this week. It will give us a baseline of where your child currently is in Reading.
Writing & Spelling
This week, we will talk about our final part of speech: adverbs. Afterward, we will see how nouns, verbs, adjectives, & adverbs are combined to create a complete sentence. The students will learn how to compose a sentence that has a complete subject & predicate. Next, we will move on to a unit on "Capitalization."
During our first Spelling unit, we will focus on consonant blends, short a & i words, analogies, inferences, using content clues, and proofreading.
The students are learning the difference between people they know only online vs. those they know in-person. We will discuss what information is safe to share online and what should remain private. We will also learn about copyright laws and how to cite a person's work in order to give them credit.
- Tues., Aug. 29 - Boosterthon Kickoff Rally 3:10-3:40p.m.
- Wed., Aug. 30 - Boosterthon Huddle 10:40-10:50a.m.
- Wed., Aug. 30 - Garden Club 4:10-5:30p.m.
- Thurs., Aug. 31 - Boosterthon Huddle 10:40-10:50a.m.
- Thurs., Aug. 31- Healthe Kids screenings 12:50p.m.
- Fri., Sept. 1 - Boosterthon Huddle 10:00-10:10a.m.
- Fri., Sept. 1 - Character Trait Assembly 3:10-3:40p.m.
- Fri., Sept. 1 - Chromebooks go home with those who have insurance
- Mon. Sept. 4 - NO SCHOOL (Labor Day)