March 11th, 1900 Written by: Sabrina Stegman
Children being put in danger due to working at young ages.
Children are getting injured or getting put in danger due to working at young ages. Children from ages 10-15 were wage workers in bad conditions. So why are these children working at such a young age? Because their families need money. If a family is getting to little of income they will send the children to go work.
Bad conditions the children experience
- They make them work till their bodies can't stand the strain anymore
- In 1900, 18% of all american workers were under the age of 16
- They worked 11 to 12 hours per day, 6 days a week, earning a weekly wage of $1
How it was solved
- Employment of children under 16 years of age was prohibited in manufacturing and mining
- The Fair Labor Standard Act of 1930 was passed