A newsletter for Alta Vista Staff~Week of September 10, 2018
Don't Forget! Next Week's Calendar
- Book Fair ALL WEEK
- Flu Shot Clinic on Tuesday, September 11 at 7:30-9:30 pm in Library
- Bears for Books (3rd Grade Reading) on Tuesday, September 11 at 9:15-9:45
- Open House on Tuesday, September 11 at 5:30-7:00 pm
- Open House Plans Here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pdgbahMydC30BzGha6AYHDqV1mNlidQlWKS_KURAZVE/edit?usp=sharing
- Faculty Meeting on Wednesday, September 12 in the cafeteria**
- Bears for Books (3rd Grade Reading) on Thursday, September 13 at 10:45-11:15
- Math PLCs (rescheduled) on Thursday, September 13 in new conference room
- TTESS SLO DUE in Eduphoria Strive on Friday, September 14
- Assembly for Gr. 3-5 in Cafeteria on Friday, September 14 at 8:30-9:00 am **Have each student bring a pencil.**
Coming Up: Talk Like A Pirate Day on Wednesday 9/19
From Your Captain
(This was on the back-to-school checklist).
Please remember information from our Safeschools training in regard to absences and being late. It is important that all staff are on time and at their specified places on time for safety and security of all of our students.
Reminder that the procedures have changed on personal and school business have changed. You will need to really plan ahead subs because it will not allow TEAMS to start calling subs without approval and I can not approve unless you have a substitute in for teachers. Our campus policy is also that you notify me when you are out or are late. Teacher attendance has a lot of direct correlations to student achievement and loss of instructional time when staff are out so please use judiciously.
We have had over 10 hours of over time during the past 2 weeks from paraprofessionals. You are required to watch your time throughout the week and make adjustments as needed to stay within your alloted time.
We will also put a copy in your mailbox.
There are forms in both Spanish and English. We have a LOT of high achieving students that we need to seriously consider for GT this year. Let's get those nominations rolling!
Instructional Strategies: http://lead4ward.com/playlists/
We are looking for teachers interested in staring an after-school Maker group. We have almost $500 to purchase supplies. Let Mrs. Helton know if you want more information!
If you are interested in doing an enrichment group or UIL event, let Mrs. Helton know soon! I will have names of students interested after this assembly!
Talk Like A Pirate Day
Here are some ideas to get you started: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qiIYz3ciCxRN-ShdCkLN5cki6sfx8umoShstpUvZsVA/edit?usp=sharing
New Absence Reporting Procedures
The big change is that you will no longer report any type of absences in Eduphoria. All absences will be reported through TEAMS only.
You will still be required to put personal business in at least 3 days prior, and substitutes (if needed) are required to be pre-arranged. TEAMS will not release the job to be subbed until it is first approved by Mrs. Logan, so let her know ahead of time that you are putting personal business requests in TEAMS.