Tussing Elementary School
School Counselor's Corner
Weekend HOPE Packs
Each week the H.O.P.E. Packs Program offers a supplemental bag of food for children who need extra food during the weekends.
If you choose to enroll your child in this program they will receive a bag of food before going home each Friday. The food is intended to be kid-friendly, easy to prepare, and supply supplemental food over time away from school. The bags are not to be opened until your child gets home.
To sign up for this free program, please reach out to our school counselor, Annette White at email@example.com or 614-834-2614. All personal information will be kept strictly confidential. Eligible students will not be able to receive their food until the attached form has been completed and returned.
Important Message for your building principals:
We have reached the end of our second week in school. Thank you for all of your patience as we continue to make this process move faster. We are sending out a few reminders that will help speed up the arrival and dismissal procedures.
Please do not come to the building before the times listed below. We open the doors at a certain time, so all cars that arrive early will have to wait idle. That turns into a problem when we back up onto Tussing Road. Cars sitting idle on the road may be cited by the police department as it is making the road unsafe.
Arrive no earlier than: 7:55 am
Arrive no earlier than: 11:55 am
Arrive no earlier than : 12:55 pm
Arrive no earlier than: 8:55 am
Arrive no earlier than: 10:40 am
Dismissal begins at: 10:45 am
Arrive no earlier than: 11:55 am
Dismissal begins at: 12:05 pm
Arrive no earlier than: 2:40 pm
Dismissal begins at: 2:45 pm
Arrive no earlier than: 3:50 pm
Dismissal begins at: 4:05 pm
PETERMANN TRANSPORTATION 614-837-8525
Logging In to Tyler's Versatrans e-Link
Parents seeking information about their child’s bus pick-up and drop-off may use our interactive online system. After clicking this link:
- You will be asked to enter your username and password. Both of those are your child’s student ID number. If you don’t know your child’s student ID number, you can get that information through Infinite Campus.
- Click “Log-In.”
- Click “Work with Students.”
- Click “View My Students.”
- Click a student’s name to be taken to their transportation information page. Read this page carefully as it explains the morning and afternoon transportation information for your child.
Students with the same home phone number will be grouped together on the “View My Students” page. If, for some reason, you do not see all the students in your household, try logging in again using one of your other children’s information.Requesting a Bus Stop Change
- If you wish to request a change regarding your student’s pick-up or drop-off sites, please log in to the online system and click on the “Parent Communication” link.
- All requests for a stop location change will be determined using Board Policy, State and Local ordinances, and Pupil Transportation Guidelines provided by the Ohio Department of Education.
- If the change involves an alternative address other than the home, such as a babysitter’s address, it must be in the attendance boundary that corresponds with the home address.
- Pickerington Schools does not give transportation services to private day care businesses.
- Use your child’s six-digit student ID for both the username and password. Once you have logged in, select “Parent Communication” and choose “Babysitter Bus Stop Request” in the drop-down menu. Copy and paste the message text to complete the submission.
- If you have any questions, please call Petermann Transportation at 614-837-8525.
You can download the “Versatrans My Stop App” from Tyler Technologies at Google Play or the App Store.
Amy McNeal, Preschool Coordinator
1. Create a contact for Tussing Elementary on your cell phone and save...
- Tussing’s phone number: 614.834.2600
- Attendance voicemail number: 614.834.2601
- Clinic number: 614.834.2608
- Fax number: 614.834.2615
- Address: 7117 Tussing Road, Reynoldsburg, 43068
- District's website: https://www.pickerington.k12.oh.us/
- Infinite Campus website: https://pickeringtonoh.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/parents/pickerington.jsp
2. Within the note section of the Tussing Elementary contact save...
- Student’s ID number
- Infinite Campus Parent Portal log in information
- SeeSaw log in information
- School hours (9:15am-4:05pm)
- Teachers' names and email addresses
- Any and all information that will be helpful throughout the school year!
Tussing Elementary School Hours
Grade 1-4 school day:
- Standard day: 9:05 a.m. to 4:05 p.m.
- Two-hour delay: 11:05 a.m. to 4:05 p.m.
Kindergarten morning session:
- Standard day: 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Two-hour delay: 11:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
Kindergarten afternoon session:
- Standard day: 1:05 p.m. to 4:05 p.m.
- Two-hour delay: 2 p.m. to 4:05 p.m.
Preschool morning session:
- Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
- Two-hour delay: 10 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
Preschool afternoon session:
- Monday through Thursday: noon to 2:45 p.m.
- Two-hour delay: 1 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Student Drop-Off/Walker Attendance
KGAM-4th GradeBuilding opens at 9:00 AM
School starts at 9:15 AM
Marking Attendance starts at 9:15 AM
Example: If your child walks in the door at 9:18, attendance will reflect 3 minutes of absence.
Breakfast will be available from 9:00 to 9:15. To enjoy breakfast, students are required to arrive before 9:15. The cost of breakfast for all grades is $1.80.
For students in grades 1st-4th, lunch is served every day. Your child's homeroom teacher will inform you of the lunch schedule. The cost of lunch for all grades is $3.25.
You can send cash, a check made payable to "PLSD Food Service" with your student to school, or pay online at mypaymentsplus.com. If you need assistance with My Payments Plus you can reach their parent helpline at 877-237-0946.
Questions? Please call the food service office at 614-833-3645.
TUSSING EL COMMUNITY
Pickerington Schools will take reasonable steps to ensure that persons with Limited English Proficiency (LEP) have meaningful access and an equal opportunity to participate in all services, activities, and programs available throughout the district. It is the policy of PLSD to ensure meaningful communication with LEP students and families and to communicate information related to the education of all students. All services needed to comply with this policy will be provided for students and their families in need of such assistance free of charge. For assistance, please call 614-833-2110.
भाषा सहायतासम्बन्धी सूचना:
Pickerington Schools ले सीमित अङ्ग्रेजी प्रवीणता (LEP) भएका व्यक्तिहरूसँग डिस्ट्रिक्टभर उपलब्ध सबै सेवा, क्रियाकलाप र कार्यक्रमहरूमा अर्थपूर्ण पहुँच र सहभागी हुन पाउने समान अवसर छ भनी सुनिश्चित गर्नका लागि उचित कदमहरू चाल्ने छ। LEP भएका विद्यार्थी र परिवारहरूसँग अर्थपूर्ण सञ्चार सुनिश्चित गर्ने र सबै विद्यार्थीहरूको शिक्षासँग सम्बन्धित जानकारी सञ्चार गर्ने PLSD को नीति हो। यो नीतिको अनुपालन गर्न आवश्यक पर्ने सबै सेवाहरू यस प्रकारको सहायता आवश्यक भएका विद्यार्थी र उहाँहरूका परिवारहरूलाई निःशुल्क रूपमा उपलब्ध गराइने छ। सहायताको लागि, कृपया 614-833-2110 मा कल गर्नुहोस्
Las escuelas de Pickerington tomarán medidas razonables para garantizar que las personas con dominio limitado del inglés (LEP) tengan un acceso fácil y la misma oportunidad de participar en todos los servicios, actividades y programas disponibles en todo el distrito. La política de PLSD es asegurar una comunicación significativa con los estudiantes LEP, sus familias y comunicar información relacionada con la educación de todos los estudiantes. Todos los servicios necesarios para cumplir con esta política se proporcionarán a los estudiantes y sus familias que necesiten dicha asistencia de forma gratuita. Para obtener ayuda, llame al 614-833-2110.
Pickerington Local School District Needs YOU!
PLSD has a critical need for substitute paraprofessionals, health care assistants, duty aides, custodians, and food service employees! Do you love working with kids? Do you need a job that will work around your schedule? If so, please apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/pickerington/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Substitute+Positions&fbclid=IwAR0WbQ0l5J_O4KbMRDbQsHphmBptPL5rS5W1pC_yQp8u_QpXTSgLZClEUgE