Hello Creekside Families,
I hope you are all enjoying your weekend! We are counting down the days until we welcome both cohorts 4 days a week! As we prepare for Phase 3, it is more important than ever that everyone follow and support our COVID-19 safety protocols. Here are a few important reminders to keep us all safe and open:
- Please arrive during your scheduled drop off and pick up times.
- The tables are for students only. Please, please, please do not be tempted to sit at them. If you do, we have to pull staff to sanitize them.
- All people on campus ages 3 and up must wear a mask.
- Starting March 15, we will have to enforce our request of one adult per child at drop off and pick up.
- Please report your student's absence(s) to the office.
Other CELC and AUSD updates and reminders:
- CELC registration is open for the 2021-22 school year. Please help spread the word.
- EAK, TK and K students may be dropped off at the gate in the morning as long as there is a staff member out front.
- We have added lunch tables and rearranged them to prepare for Phase 3.
- Thank you to the District for purchasing lap trays for our students in order to provide flexible seating and to maximize space in the classroom as we transition to Phase 3.
- Please report all absences to the office. We are required to trace all absences. Illnesses may require a 10-14 day stay at home. All students that are out for any reason will be temporarily assigned to distance learning. They can receive credit for their time off campus if they complete work online.
- The district continues to serve food during our Hybrid Schedule on Mondays from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm at JMMS. If that time doesn't work for you, there is also a 5:00 pm pick up.
- Child Nutrition Services offers snack pick up for students at CELC during pick up times. Hybrid A parents may pick up snacks on Tuesday this week due to the holiday, and Hybrid B parents may pick up snacks on Thursdays. The grab and go snack bag will contain 5 days worth of snacks. This is available to all students 18 and under.
- We will continue to provide snacks during phase three. However, it will be on Mondays only beginning March 15.
- Join us for VIRTUAL FUN FRIDAYS. See the flyer below for February's schedule. Post pictures using #virtualfunfriday
- The district is still providing free wifi access at CELC, SHES, JMMS, and BOES. Just park in the lot and log in. The wifi name is AlpineUnited and no password is needed.
- The district has tech support available to parents. Please email email@example.com with your technology questions.
I look forward to an amazing week with our Cubs! Don't forget to wear your favorite college shirt on Monday.
We have received emails from parents and community members asking how they can help us with our unique needs this year. With the upcoming transition to Phase 3 on March 15, we are increasing our inventory of recess equipment and other supplies to accommodate larger groups of students. If you are willing and able to donate, please consider buying something from our wish list. Items we are most in need/want at this time are: Nerf footballs, bouncy balls, soccer balls, Flying Turtles, catch a ball set, sand toys, and a giant outdoor tic tac toe set. Please feel free to share our wish list if you know of anyone in your family or community members that may want to help.
Honk for a Hero
TOY & CEOY
Creekside Early Learning Language Academy (CELLA)
- 50/50 Spanish/English Program
- Highly qualified bilingual teaching staff
- Hours: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
- 4 day a week option only at this time
- Open M/T/TH/F
- No School on Wednesdays for deep cleaning and curriculum prep
- Cohort of 12 students
- Billed weekly at $175
Free COVID-19 Testing
Our next COVID-19 and flu shot drive through will be on Wednesday, February 24 from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm at JMMS. This is free for anyone!
CELC Office Staff
Mary Barkley, Clerk
Tamara Ripke, Principal
Stephanie Green, School Secretary
Connect with CELC
M-F 8:00 am to 3:30 pm by appointment
Please note that the office will be closed and locked during drop off and pick up in order for the staff to help with students. Please call or email us with questions, concerns, or to make an appointment when we can assist you.